Execution error

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

mawdeuce
level0

Execution error

Postby mawdeuce » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi, I have a cell block for execution with electric chair, now my 2 death row prisoners seem to be in gen pop and i've no idea why, they're both still under death row as prisoners and when i did try to execute one the warden just stood outside the room and it say at 98%. Now that they're in gen pop its showing as that they cant walk to the execution chamber, ive no idea why?
I've rebuild my prison a few times (started again, as i like this game :)) but not had this issue before.
Anyone?
RJenkos
level2
level2

Re: Execution error

Postby RJenkos » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:06 pm

I was able to do one execution and now I have the same issue. Failed 3 times. All of them just stand outside of the room.
iNick
level1
level1

Postby iNick » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:22 am

I had a execution pathing error too. It took 5 tries and a couple of structural changes before it happened. The witnesses and spiritual leader pathed right to the prisoner and the execution room. But the direction of the to be executed prisoner was wrong repeatedly.

I'm not convinced pathing is right, especially when you start dealing with staff and/or death row zoning.
Dreamweaver357
level1
level1

Postby Dreamweaver357 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:17 pm

Psst:
Remember the tutorial and how you built a cell next to the execution chamber?
I did the same, executions are less painful now (read: less riots happening due to bangup).

I still keep a row of death row cells in another place of the prison, but as someone drops below the required Clemency % for "proper" executions to be done, I send the fella to the "special cell".

There is only one problem in doing this: you can't set the execution room itself to "Death Row only" (or else there will be pathing issues), so I had to make a 1x1 corridor with 2 doors between the special cell (death row zoned) and the execution room itself (shared).
Stereolab
level1
level1

Postby Stereolab » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:18 am

Dreamweaver357 wrote:Psst:
Remember the tutorial and how you built a cell next to the execution chamber?
I did the same, executions are less painful now (read: less riots happening due to bangup).

I still keep a row of death row cells in another place of the prison, but as someone drops below the required Clemency % for "proper" executions to be done, I send the fella to the "special cell".

There is only one problem in doing this: you can't set the execution room itself to "Death Row only" (or else there will be pathing issues), so I had to make a 1x1 corridor with 2 doors between the special cell (death row zoned) and the execution room itself (shared).

1. How do you send a prisoner to a specific cell?
2. I've had no problems marking the execution chamber as death-row only. My death row has cells, solitary, a corridor, an execution chamber, and a visitation room, all death-row only. Parole room is shared with the rest of the prison (but even that doesn't have to be).

Return to “General”