HELP! PRISON DELETED WITHOUT REASON!

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

wiiperwapper
level0

HELP! PRISON DELETED WITHOUT REASON!

Postby wiiperwapper » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:44 am

Hello, now I know this isn't the place I am supposed to be posting, but I don't have "sufficient permissions" to access the dev forums.
Anyway, I've been working on a prison for hours, days even, and the content in my .prison file got erased somehow. Heres the story:
I just finished another hour of playing and I save my prison. Then I decide to create another prison which got saved by the autosave, (so I can't get my prison back from the autosave) So I just started and had to save and exit because I had to go to the store. I come back from the store and click "load" on my main prison, then my game crashes, I repeat the process several times but the game would always crash! So I went into the .prison file and EVERYTHING WAS GONE! And it still is! And I really want to continue on with my prison!

Is there a way to get my prison back, or is my prison gone forever? Please reply soon!

Sincerely,

wiiperwapper
xander
level5
level5

Re: HELP! PRISON DELETED WITHOUT REASON!

Postby xander » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:15 pm

To access the dev forum, you need to link your account to your game key. If you bought the game through Steam, you will also need to find your game key.

xander
VoiD88
level5
level5

Re: HELP! PRISON DELETED WITHOUT REASON!

Postby VoiD88 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:56 am

I'm afraid that an empty save file means that something went wrong during the saving and if you don't have any backups, it unfortunately means that your prison is lost.

Remember that Prison Architect is still an Alpha, no matter how polished it already feels. Problems like this one should actually be expected, so I always suggest that players keep multiple save files of a prison so they can at least go back to an earlier state if the most recent save file gets corrupted.

Sorry for your loss mate.

Return to “General”