Retarded logic?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

KirinFrost
level1
level1

Retarded logic?

Postby KirinFrost » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:12 pm

I would like to know what exactly were the developers thinking when they somehow think that prisoners can destroy STEEL doors with their BARE FISTS.

Having a lockdown is also almost basically pointless because those prisoners can basically break it down, especially legendary ones with just a few hits.

And with prisoners rioting because of a "safety" need, how is that even logical in the first place? Its like visiting prostitutes for virginity or something .__.

Not to mention if say 100 prisoners are killed by my guards, would the rest of the prisoners still be willing to fight or stand down? Game logic for now goes with the former which makes a punishment based prison very hard to play... :/
knoest26
level5
level5

Re: Retarded logic?

Postby knoest26 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:27 pm

Fists are a weapon, a weapon has an amount of damage that it will inflict, a door is an object that has an amount of hitpoints. This is how nearly all games work.

When prisoners have a high safety need it's because they don't feel save, the prisoners around them are inflicting damage on other inmates so the prisoner will riot to protect himself, this sounds logical to me
KirinFrost
level1
level1

Postby KirinFrost » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:15 pm

Even if thats the case, jail doors are damaged way too easily.

I have decided to just modify the files and increase their toughness

Furthermore, that still doesnt answer the point. If say 100+ prisoners are killed in a riot by my guards, then who in real life would actually still riot and try to attack my gun toting guards???

Furthermore, who the hell actually wakes up in the morning, seeing that his clothes are dirty, bladders full etc (duh!) and riots immediately??? Its like taking care of a mental asylum instead of a prison... -__-
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:29 pm

It is a game, not a simulation. Making it impossible for prisoners to break doors with their fists would remove some of the gaminess, and thereby make the game less challenging and decreasing the overall quality of gameplay. Gameplay concerns should come before realism concerns. If it really bothers you that much, pretend that "punching" is simply an animation for any kind of damage with any kind of small tool---the prisoners are really picking the locks or monkeying about with the electronics.

xander
RJenkos
level2
level2

Postby RJenkos » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:46 am

I guess the bottom line is, do you play a game for entertainment or realism?
Moira Dee
level0

Postby Moira Dee » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:53 am

To add a little realism but keep the "games-ness" the prisoner could at least sustain damage.
moosegun
level1
level1

Postby moosegun » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:50 am

KirinFrost wrote:Furthermore, that still doesnt answer the point. If say 100+ prisoners are killed in a riot by my guards, then who in real life would actually still riot and try to attack my gun toting guards???
-__-

I could point you to countless examples in real life of riots / uprisings which have continued and more often escalated due to excess force used to quell them.
KirinFrost
level1
level1

Postby KirinFrost » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:27 pm

Any game must have certain amounts of realism as well....

And besides has anyone realised that prisoners take more than a minute to cover 1m of ground lol? :P

Meanwhile, my prison has 1.4k deaths and counting...
moosegun
level1
level1

Postby moosegun » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:21 am

Wow, mine about 40
KirinFrost
level1
level1

Postby KirinFrost » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:11 pm

Close to 1.7k now

But on the bright side i have more than 100 prisoners paroled so far and the reoffending rate is around 3%.

It also helps that i deliberately starve the ones with a high rate to death in my solitary cells with the doors locked shut lol :P

Return to “General”