Laundry/Clothing

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

roooostar
level0

Laundry/Clothing

Postby roooostar » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:25 pm

Please help I see that this has been posted everywhere.

I can not get clothing to my inmates. Soon all will be lost :P

Things I have done
7+janitors
dismantle/remade all beds
1-3 laundry bins
i cant remember all the other stupid stuff i tried

Ive have looked at these forums and reddit and google for answers. nothing seems to work

TY

screens

http://imgur.com/a/vnAhR
Last edited by roooostar on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RJenkos
level2
level2

Re: Laundry/Clothing

Postby RJenkos » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:02 pm

The easiest way would be to upload your save file so one of us can look at it and see what's up. There are a number of things that can break the laundry.

Have you looked at the laundry distribution in logistics and assigned prisoners to work in there?
roooostar
level0

Postby roooostar » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:20 pm

yea I have check out my screens.
how do i upload my save
ElSalvaje
level1
level1

Postby ElSalvaje » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:31 am

Looks like this is the exact same situation: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=51396&p=582027#p582027

Try building a strip of foundation between the cells. This will create a cell block. I bet laundry will work properly then. If not, yeah just upload the save file somewhere and give us the link so we can have a look at it (http://www.filedropper.com for example).
Sarkany
level0

Postby Sarkany » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:15 am

I'm having a similar problem, except that I made sure all my corridors were indoors.

PNG
.Prison File
ElSalvaje
level1
level1

Postby ElSalvaje » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:18 am

Your problem is the maximum security wing right? They don't have any (new) prisoner uniforms. It has something to do with the distribution of the uniforms across your prison. The laundries in your med and min sec wing are receiving all the uniforms. I think it is being caused by the staff only areas between your deliveries zone and the max sec wing. Here is how i got the uniforms delivered by the janitors to your max sec wing.

Step 1 change the road, and the entrance to your max sec wing from staff only into shared. Like this:

Step 2: dump all the excess uniforms in the laundries in your med sec and min sec wings. You may have to dismantle some laundry baskets to do that. That's no problem, you have way too many anyhow :D So loose all the uniforms in these three laundries:

After that new uniforms will be delivered and janitors will now bring them to your max sec wing. Tadaa:

This is of course no permanent solution because your max sec prisoners will now walk across the road. I have no experience with building on the other side of the road. Probably you need a delivery zone on the other side of the road. Don't know how that works out. But for now you can do this first and both sides of the road should have some nice clean clothes.

Btw. you have way too many washing machines, baskets etc. 5 washing machines should be enough for 250 prisoners. I don't know the exact ratio's. Maybe 10 ironing boards and 20 baskets? It depends on your prison layout I guess. But you've got more than enough for your current prisoner capacity :)
Sarkany
level0

Postby Sarkany » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:00 am

Yeah... I am aware of the over-filling I did of washing rooms. That was just an attempt to get them to actually clean...

As for the removing the staff only area: I tried that once, I had max security people picking on the regular prisoners within the day. I guess I'll continue my current strategy: continue taking in no prisoners, and wait for the prison to be 100% max security, at which point I can open up the road
ElSalvaje
level1
level1

Postby ElSalvaje » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:01 am

Sarkany wrote:Yeah... I am aware of the over-filling I did of washing rooms. That was just an attempt to get them to actually clean...

Yeah, that's what I thought. Dirty clothes can be a pain in the ass. You'll try anything to solve issues with it, I know

As for the removing the staff only area: I tried that once, I had max security people picking on the regular prisoners within the day. I guess I'll continue my current strategy: continue taking in no prisoners, and wait for the prison to be 100% max security, at which point I can open up the road

Yeah, i'm not suggesting to keep that area shared. You can do that at night when prisoners are asleep. Dump the uniforms in the laundries in the med and min sec wings. Trucks will deliver new uniforms and janitors will take them to your max sec wing, where they are needed the most. Once that is done, you can make it staff only again. Those uniforms brought to the max sec wing will stay there. Once dirty they will be cleaned by the laundries there. Only problem will be when new prisoners arrive. Their uniforms will be brought to the wrong part of the prison again. So you can do this every now and then. That should do the trick.

Return to “General”