Cook Troubleshooting...

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Synric
level0

Cook Troubleshooting...

Postby Synric » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:11 am

Hello folks,

I made a sandbox (unlimited funds) prison to make a really big prison, but I seem to have broken my cooks in the process.

I've hired tons of cooks, installed 5 serving tables per canteen, fired all cooks and rehired, removed all logistics connections between kitchen/canteen/prison and replaced them, changed my delivery and storage locations and dumped all food...

They're just not cooking. There is a high demand in the canteen, but none of my cooks begin cooking in the attached kitchens in the two main population prison blocks I have.

I got it to work briefly for a while, and it seems this time that there is no food being bought at midnight now which baffles me.

Especially since my supermax block I've made is jam packed with food and has been forever. It has no problems, it's only the two primary prison blocks for my 'normal' populations.

Kinda stumped! Any ideas?
Drakexz
level2
level2

Re: Cook Troubleshooting...

Postby Drakexz » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:13 pm

Might sound stupid, but restarting the game can fix a lot.

Besides this, it would be easier for us to help you if you could provide a savegame.
Darkrious1
level1
level1

Postby Darkrious1 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:22 pm

I believe its a known bug at this point. Interestingly it doesn't always trigger, and other times it does. If it is going to happen, it seems to happen for one or more reasons. One being the prison is too large for the A.I. to apparently handle, there's a riot in the canteen or anywhere near the canteen, even general fights and unrest can kick this off, or 3 something gets blocked or 'mis-zoned' causing the AI to bug. I had a prison have a huge riot and a fire that burned half the prison and non of the staff wanted to do anything after, the workmen didn't want to work, the janitors and gardeners where just sitting there, and the cooks all huddled up in a corner and firing/re-hiring doesn't fix it... All re-hired staff just huddle up in a cluster and jiggle around doing nothing. Very annoying and basically is a game over/restart at that point. Really hope it gets fixed... Oh and the reason nothing gets done? "Too Dangerous", even after the riot/fire is put down/out and things have settled, it always still says too dangerous to complete task, or blocked: too dangerous... :P
Synric
level0

Postby Synric » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:59 am

How does one go about posting a savegame here? Just dropbox it?

Derp. Here's a filedropper.
http://www.filedropper.com/synprison_1

Go easy on me, it's not 100% finished, but the four main blocks I have should be cooking way more than they are.
Synric
level0

Postby Synric » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:50 am

Darkrious1 wrote:I believe its a known bug at this point. Interestingly it doesn't always trigger, and other times it does. If it is going to happen, it seems to happen for one or more reasons. One being the prison is too large for the A.I. to apparently handle, there's a riot in the canteen or anywhere near the canteen, even general fights and unrest can kick this off, or 3 something gets blocked or 'mis-zoned' causing the AI to bug. I had a prison have a huge riot and a fire that burned half the prison and non of the staff wanted to do anything after, the workmen didn't want to work, the janitors and gardeners where just sitting there, and the cooks all huddled up in a corner and firing/re-hiring doesn't fix it... All re-hired staff just huddle up in a cluster and jiggle around doing nothing. Very annoying and basically is a game over/restart at that point. Really hope it gets fixed... Oh and the reason nothing gets done? "Too Dangerous", even after the riot/fire is put down/out and things have settled, it always still says too dangerous to complete task, or blocked: too dangerous... :P

This is a good concern! There was a riot recently, but it was mostly due to the fact my cooks weren't cooking (mostly, some other needs issues I need to fix im sure). I don't see any errors saying 'too dangerous' right now though.
Synric
level0

Postby Synric » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:43 am

I fixed my problem!

It seems like I had too many kitchens for one prisoner-type or something. I had a kitchen and canteen for each of my normal prisoner blocks. I rearranged the kitchens and canteens so that there was a single large kitchen feeding two canteens, and that cleared the issue right up! I will do this as well for my max/supermax kitchen/canteens and also my lowsec/protective custody ones as well.

Should be good now!

Return to “General”