Bug Report - Unmanned Remote Control <Solution Found>

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Chiefahol
level0

Bug Report - Unmanned Remote Control <Solution Found>

Postby Chiefahol » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:57 am

Hi

I was going to post this in the "developer" section, like i'm supposed too. But your forum says i have no permissions. (That's just silly! Hows your average-joe supposed to report a bug?)

Anyway this bug has probably been well documented. It's when guards ignore a Remote Control station and just stand around within metres of it. You can observe this bug in the image below:

http://imgur.com/23Qikn9

Guards don't seem to prioritise it. Even if they're stationed in that room they just walk around it, while nobody can get inside my jail.. xD

Report done! :D
Last edited by Chiefahol on Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chiefahol
level0

Re: Bug Report - Unmanned Remote Control

Postby Chiefahol » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:03 am

After examining the error some more, it appears to be a deadlock condition. (This probably means a fix isn't possible, a deadlock calculator would be complex, and an overhead.)

Guards stand outside the remote control door, trying to walk over to it and operate the door. BUT, they are prevented from reaching the "door control panel", by the remote control door itself!!

Trapped by the very door they are trying to control. =.= Diabolical...
Chiefahol
level0

Postby Chiefahol » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:08 am

This seems like a good solution that was posted in another forum:

"A nice solution would be the ability to set each control station to default to either all open or all closed when the station is unoccupied for more than a few seconds. "
SintobusTV
level1
level1

Postby SintobusTV » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:25 am

I think a few solutions exist here for both the developers and you (I have also had this problem once)

Possible Solutions:
    *Set it so guards will not leave the door control until another guard is in the room with said door control.
    *Set it so guards stationed near areas react accordingly in that area (Ie. they do more than stand around and stop fights like check people marked to be searched by metal detectors)
    *Allow linking of door control panels so that when one is unmanned the other will take over its linked jobs only then.
Chiefahol
level0

Postby Chiefahol » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:06 am

The solution i found was moving the security office outside the remote door. So it's between the remote door and the street:

http://imgur.com/KU0Wnec

Okay that's better but a deadlock still occurred. Attempting to link door control units.

Yes, having multiple control panels "connected" to each other seems to be working.
SintobusTV
level1
level1

Postby SintobusTV » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:11 am

Chiefahol wrote:The solution i found was moving the security office outside the remote door. So it's between the remote door and the street:

http://imgur.com/KU0Wnec

Okay that's better but a deadlock still occurred. Attempting to link door control units.

Yes, having multiple control panels "connected" to each other seems to be working.

Just put a staff room next to it?
mrotta
level0

Re: Bug Report - Unmanned Remote Control <Solution Found>

Postby mrotta » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:42 pm

I think a good solution (for developer) is to implement a time-out for the task assignment. If a guard can't reach the task in 2 minutes he forgot the task and an other guard do the task.

An solution for the player is to set two (or more) control door for the master door. If one is without guard, the other will have one and can open the door.
Dabombber
level0

Postby Dabombber » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:11 am

Is it not possible to have the guard from the previous shift wait at the control until his replacement arrives? That's what would make the most sense, and then you wouldn't have to worry about the replacement being unable to get to the control. Having two door controls reduces the chance of them being unmanned, but doesn't eliminate the problem.
sebastiannielsen
level2
level2

Postby sebastiannielsen » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:11 am

My solution is to put the remote Control box inside prison (inside inmate area), use standard key&lock doors to the security office, and then put one-way pressure plates into the prison (so there is free way INTO the prison but no free way OUT of prison), keeping prisoners in.

Thus, if the guard that is gonna walk to the Control panel is outside, he can freely walk into prison. But for someone to exit prison, the Control panel must be manned.

That also makes it possible for one Control panel to Control like 20+ doors, because its only when someone is exiting prison that is "sensitive", not when entering. That also is in reverse for prisoner service, eg, its more important that Cooks, doctors and such gets fast INTO the prison area, than they have to get out.

This also adds Another logic: it does not matter if a personell has to wait like 30 game minutes for exiting the prison.

Return to “General”