Laundry bug :(

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

rocketsnail
level0

Laundry bug :(

Postby rocketsnail » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:15 pm

Hi guys just wanna say found out about prison architect 2 weeks ago got it right away and loooving it a lot, completely addicted.
Now i have encountered this problem where my laundry wouldnt work and it makes my people very unhappy which makes me not want to move on untill i find the way past this.
I assigned workers (i tried with different amounts 4-8-12). I have rebuilt my laundry and made it bigger. Ive tried having only one washing machine or many. The workers just walk into the room and stand there doing nothing. I have no idea what to do right now. I cleared all uniforms laying next to beds and under them too. Any help or tips would be much appreciated. I read it was a problem in Alpha 10 but we on Alpha 28 now so no idea.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Re: Laundry bug :(

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:13 am

Have you checked your deployment security settings to make sure prisoners have access to work there? Are your appliances getting water and electricity? Do you have any Janitors hired? Do you have "Logistics" researched so that you can manually edit what cells your laundry gets delivered to?

Answer those, and we can move on from there.

Also, I'm moving this to the Prison Architect General boards.

Cheers!
rocketsnail
level0

Postby rocketsnail » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:20 am

Have you checked your deployment security settings to make sure prisoners have access to work there? - Yes i tried automatic, manual and also i experimented with just manuaally setting 2 or 4 cells or all of them. Still didnt work.
Are your appliances getting water and electricity? - Yes
Do you have any Janitors hired? - 3
Do you have "Logistics" researched so that you can manually edit what cells your laundry gets delivered to? - Yes i have all research done.

Like i said its not that i couldnt do it and i went straight to here. I tried all the options for many hours over and over again and could not make it work. If you want i can upload my save here so you can see for yourself.

Thanks for answer!
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:37 am

Yeah, upload your save to a file storing / sharing site and link to it in a new post. That way, I can debug it myself.

Cheers!
rocketsnail
level0

Postby rocketsnail » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:13 pm

rocketsnail
level0

Postby rocketsnail » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:24 am

bump
keanzu
level1
level1

Postby keanzu » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:07 am

I added a table to my laundry and they tried dismantling some beds. That seemed to work. When the laundry jammed again I dismantled another bed and it worked again.
rocketsnail
level0

Postby rocketsnail » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:49 pm

keanzu wrote:I added a table to my laundry and they tried dismantling some beds. That seemed to work. When the laundry jammed again I dismantled another bed and it worked again.

I did exactly like you said, table didnt work, also i have later dismantled and replaced all beds, i really have done all i can possibly think of and workers never get to work. I'm going to start a new prison and gona make laundry as soon as i can and see if it works then. Im pretty sure its bugged in this save unfortunately. I uploaded my save above and Rgeezy still hasnt answered, perhaps its a problem they struggle to get rid of.
ElSalvaje
level1
level1

Postby ElSalvaje » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:01 pm

Apparently laundry only works for cell blocks, not for single cells. Your cells are not connected, your shower area is outside. I built a strip of foundation just outside the cells. This connects all the cells together into a cellblock. The janitors went to do the laundry immediately. You apparently need some sort of hallway to create a cell block.

As you can see on the laundry logistics page the single cells ARE all connected to the laundry, but it just doesn't work.

keanzu
level1
level1

Postby keanzu » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:28 pm

I'm getting laundry done for a mass minsec holding cell. It kept jamming and I kept dismantling beds and it kept restarting. Then I left a bed permanently removed leaving some floor space for the laundry basket. That's exactly where they put the basket. Laundry runs smoothly since then.
rocketsnail
level0

Postby rocketsnail » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:52 pm

ElSalvaje wrote:Apparently laundry only works for cell blocks, not for single cells. Your cells are not connected, your shower area is outside. I built a strip of foundation just outside the cells. This connects all the cells together into a cellblock. The janitors went to do the laundry immediately. You apparently need some sort of hallway to create a cell block.

As you can see on the laundry logistics page the single cells ARE all connected to the laundry, but it just doesn't work.

You sir are very clever, thanks a lot for that. I just did what you said and it worked immediately everyone had its clothes replaced.. AND that was the only time they did it. Now they will not take clean clothes to the cells!! workers are bugging at empty baskets going back and forth. Something about this whole laundry system isnt right. I think ill end up making cells bigger since thats the only idea i get now what can be wrong!

EDIT: I have fixed it completely. I connected all the cells so they now are 1 big building with cells inside it. Before i just made it to be 4 separate ones thats why it did not work. Just connecting all the blocks with corridor makes a difference. Seems if you make many of something e.g many cells blocks many kitchens the game semms to be going crazy.
ElSalvaje
level1
level1

Postby ElSalvaje » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:28 pm

Glad I could help :D

Return to “General”