codes, crashes, and general confusion

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Gab99
level0

codes, crashes, and general confusion

Postby Gab99 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:37 pm

Hello!

as the title suggests, im new, ive been monitoring the game for some time on and off and during the steam sale i finally hopped onto the prison bandwagon.
that being said ill just list out the problems and questions im having

1. steam keeps saying i have to input a key when the game asks for it, so far.. the game hasnt asked for a key
2. the game immediately sticks me into a new game, im assuming that this is a thing and because i have no previous saves that it just plops me into a new world
3. upon going to the introduction the game crashes sometime towards the end of the little cinematic

i'm also assuming that the reason the game hasnt asked me for a key is because i can barely progress to the point of it asking for one haha, and that my gameplay questions will be more or less answered when i do the intro

thankfully i bought quite a few other games during the sale so i have things to tide me over until a solution presents itself, if one presents itself. i know my graphics card is a little funky since it has issues running a game called Planetary Annihilation (funnily also shortened to PA) but that game is extremely graphics intensive involving lots of tiny things running around and shooting on lots of round planets spinning around a sun, not a flat plane with lots of things running around with occasional shenanigans thrown in.
that being said it also runs things like the sims, civ 5 and civ beyond earth, starcraft and xcom without any issues

edit: i also read the intro thread and i cant access the alpha subforum, so unfortunately i was only left with posting here, sorry for any inconvinience and forum-untidiness
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Re: codes, crashes, and general confusion

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi Gab99,

I'll try to help as best I can:

1. The key that Steam displays to you is not used in the game itself. That key is used to verify your account here on the forums, and you can do so from here: http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/register/
    Once activated, you should have access to the Builds Page (Notice: long page loading times), the Developer Wiki, the Bug Tracker, and the Developer Board.

2. On earlier builds of Prison Architect, previously saved prisons were loaded first. However, a problem came up. If the previously saved prison became corrupted, whenever the game attempted to load it, the game would crash. This would then loop some users in a never ending cycle of crashes. As a quick fix, the developers made it so that when the game is launched, a new game is started instead of the previously saved prison.

3. If you're unable to complete the introduction, please post your debug.txt file in a new post so I can have a look at it. It can be found at:
    C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Introversion\Prison Architect
    Also, try running the game in 'Safe Mode' to see if that helps you.
Cheers!

RichieGrape
level4
level4

Re: codes, crashes, and general confusion

Postby RichieGrape » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:51 pm

Gab99 wrote: i know my graphics card is a little funky since it has issues running a game called Planetary Annihilation (funnily also shortened to PA) but that game is extremely graphics intensive involving lots of tiny things running around and shooting on lots of round planets spinning around a sun,
i have a crappy video card..game doesn't seem very graphics intensive but it is very cpu intensive the larger your prison gets....

Return to “General”