Any progress known yet for A27

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

xPyr0x
level2
level2

Any progress known yet for A27

Postby xPyr0x » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:21 am

With all the problems alpha 26 is having, I have kind of put this game on the shelf for now until the kitchens at least work properly among many other things I won't bother writing a book about. I can't help but notice the lack of 0 information on fixes or updates coming for next months alpha. Hopefully it will work. The stability just seems to have gotten worse and worse since alpha 24, from what I noticed. This isn't a rant or a bash post, but does anyone got info on the next update?
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Re: Any progress known yet for A27

Postby blipadouzi » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:30 am

xPyr0x wrote:Any progress known yet for A27

I'm going to snip out the rest of what you said, it's pretty well summed up in your title. Look, You've only been on the forums 2 months or so, who knows how long you've been playing the game, so I'll assume you're not too used to how things work with IV and PA.

They try to keep the new feature for the next Alpha as hush-hush as possible to keep the suspense and surprise, and every month like clockwork, at the very end of the month, sometime between the 25th and 31st the new Alpha is released.

As for bugs, they just finished a BugBash... and from what many of the modders have guessed from the hidden code in the current version, the next update is going to be fairly huge as far as features are concerned, if our guesses are correct... so it's even more understandable if they do not fix any bugs at all in this next Alpha.

That being said, you can always go to roadmap on Mantis Bug Tracker to see what they hope to fix on the next release. You can also go to the Change Log to see some of the bugs that have already been fixed in A27, but have not yet been released to the public. If there's a bug in the current version of the game, then it's your prerogative and duty as an Alpha tester (playing the game in Alpha stage pretty much makes us Alpha testers) to go to the Bug Tracker and report the issue so it'll get fixed.

Quite honestly, my game has gotten better performance with each Alpha release since A24. I can run my 700+ prison like it was a brand new map with nothing on it.
xPyr0x
level2
level2

Postby xPyr0x » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:30 am

Good to know, I had seen videos of the very early alphas and saw it on websites, and my first thought was sim city, but with prisons, and I like building stuff. I guess I'm just kind of burned out after playing for about 500 hours since I purchased my copy and joined the forums here. Map after map after map. I tried to build in every possible form I could think of. (for the sake of testing, to actually try and break things) But now its like... I just want it to run -_- It's kind of that period where you just take a break, I'm sure you've all done the same, and or don't play this game 24/7 for years on end. The surprises, especially for alpha 25 were very interesting.
WiseWoodrow
level2
level2

Postby WiseWoodrow » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:13 am

I'm hyped for the next update. Can just tell it's gonna be big and great.
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:42 am

2 more days
learn_more
level1
level1

Postby learn_more » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:03 pm

knoest26 wrote:2 more days

is there always a fixed date or is it announced?
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:23 pm

it's not fixed, looking at the previous releases that is just the most likely day for it to be released
BugPowderDust
level2
level2

Postby BugPowderDust » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:09 pm

Usually the last Friday of the month, so expect something tomorrow.

Maybe.
REDDQ
level1
level1

Postby REDDQ » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:06 pm

Last Alpha was 30th October, Thursday. Although I really, really, hope for Friday.

I understand why they keep to themselves but date would be nice... wouldn't have to check YouTube so often ;)
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:02 pm

They apparently made the video this morning, they usually make it a day or two before the release so perhaps tomorrow or even monday. Although today within the next hour or so is also possible

Return to “General”