Lets talk about Security Levels for Programs

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

muditk
level0

Lets talk about Security Levels for Programs

Postby muditk » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:53 pm

TL;DR below

Not sure how many people have noticed but since at least Big Bash 2c, (and also in A26) Programs now have cretain sec levels. The color is indicated as the background of the timing of the session.

I think this is great, but we need more control. I have not that many prisoners interested in workshop safety induction program and this has always been ok in previous alphas. The workshop safety induction would be run in the Workshop zoned via the rooms tool. So I just made this a shared/common sec area and trained all my interested prisoners here in one shot.The others, were all single sec workshops.

Now, no classes are being held in my shared workshop. Instead, one program is being run for each sec clearance, in their own single sec workshop.

Now I have 6 kitchens(which work perfectly fine since alpha 19ish) and these are all singe sec and they all have kitchen programs running. But this is perfectly fine, because any cook can teach it.

But with workshop safety induction, which can only be taught by a foreman, this is just not working for me.

Which all leads to my conclusion cum TL;DR

TL;DR We need controls to dictate which room, at what time and what clearance are allowed for each program.
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Re: Lets talk about Security Levels for Programs

Postby blipadouzi » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:12 pm

So you want the ability to have the zoning of a room changed automatically depending on the time of day?

BTW, welcome to the forums (2nd post)... something like this should really be posted in the Developers forums. If you do not yet have access, you will need to register your game... see below.

RGeezy911 wrote:If you want to suggest new features to the game, talk about a new bug you found, or discuss anything related to the development of Prison Architect, then you need to head over to the Developer Board. However, it seems like you don't have access to that board. To gain access, you must register your Prison Architect key with your forum account:

• If you bought the game through the Introversion store, then you should have received some registration instructions in your email.
  • If you purchased from the Steam store, please read this.
  • If you got the game through the Humble Bundle store, please read this.
Once complete, you will have access to the developer forum. Please read: How to post a suggestion or question. It will guide you on how to make a new suggestion on the Developer sub-forum. The most important bits are to only include one suggestion per topic, and to search the forum before making a post because it's likely someone already asked your question / suggestion.

As for your suggestion, the cloning tool was updated in Alpha 21 to cover double of the original (6 tiles > 12 tiles). If you want to suggest a bigger size, either make a feature report on the Mantis Bug Tracker, or start a discussion about it on the Developer Sub-forum.

Cheers!

muditk
level0

Postby muditk » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:57 pm

blipadouzi wrote:So you want the ability to have the zoning of a room changed automatically depending on the time of day?

You misunderstand, I mean control the "zoning" of the program, the location of the program and the time of the program.

By controlling the location of the program, you can indirectly control the "zoning" of the program by zoning the room the zone you want.
Same for timing. Just don't schedule Work during that timing and that Sec Level cannot attend.

But by "zoning" the program by time slot, we get the ultimate freedom. You can have a shared zoned room where you hold classes for each Sec Level individually, all together or just selected Sec Levels.
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Postby RichieGrape » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:08 pm

this post is a lil confusing but i think i get the point...

he wishes to have control over which room and time a program takes place in...instead of the game auto choosing an available room on its own...

example of this would be the workshop training

he wants the ability to specify that at 8am workshop training will take place in workshop A...and than he wants to set 2pm workshop training to workshop B

i actually made a lil mod as a workaround to this problem...made a new room "workshop training"..and 2 new reform programs..training 1 and training 2...

training 1 = workshop training program (identical just takes place in workshop training room instead)
training 2= carpentry training program (identical just takes place in workshop training room instead)
muditk
level0

Postby muditk » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:03 am

THAT MOD SOUNDS AMAZING!

I have actually had an mod idea kicking around for a specialized training room, with specialized training equipment etc.that would replace the need to use the work workshops.

Whats the best way to find your mod?
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Postby RichieGrape » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:14 pm

muditk wrote:THAT MOD SOUNDS AMAZING!

I have actually had an mod idea kicking around for a specialized training room, with specialized training equipment etc.that would replace the need to use the work workshops.

Whats the best way to find your mod?

i never published it but i'll do that later today
muditk
level0

Postby muditk » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:48 pm

RichieGrape wrote: i never published it but i'll do that later today

Hey, do you have a link to your mod?

Return to “General”