Fix My Prison Thread

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Jaadoo
level0

Fix My Prison Thread

Postby Jaadoo » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:34 am

I thought it would be nice to have a place where we can ask for help with troublesome prisons and see what others are trying in the game. It might also be interesting for some to take on the challenge to fix already build prisons.

To keep it organized everyone should use the following template that can be quoted when replying to a 'prison poster'. I would suggest to just quote the name and number of prison.

Name of prison: name of the savefile
Number of prison: number of the prison that you have posted - if it's the first you post put 1, then 2 and so on
Issues: what problems do you see with your problem?
Link: link(s) to savefile

Savefiles can be found under: YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Introversion\Prison Architect\saves
Last edited by Jaadoo on Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jaadoo
level0

Re: Fix My Prison Thread

Postby Jaadoo » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:42 am

Name of Prison: tata
Number of prison: 1
Issues:
- For some reason the logs of the forestry are mainly taken to the exports area instead to the workshops, which leads to the purchase of metal sheets.
- Prisoners have been making lots of trouble lately, not sure why.
- Workshops don't make much many, might be related to the first point, but I'm not sure.
- It takes forever until truck are unload/loaded.
Link:
http://www.firedrive.com/file/5784E97FD17DF9B2
http://www.firedrive.com/file/1188A8C07F4EEE5A

First link .prison, second .png in case it is needed.
sebastiannielsen
level2
level2

Postby sebastiannielsen » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:37 am

Name of prison: luxury_004.prison
Issues: On the morning, the prisoners start fighting and destroying their cells, due to unmet needs, when they wake. Waking the prisoners up at the morning instead of letting them sleep until 8am and Wake up by themselves, will instead get them tired in the evening giving night fights.
Requirements for fix: You should satisfy the needs like me but just fix the issue.
Link:
http://speedy.sh/5v7wc/luxury-004.prison

Prereq: Upon loading the file, PAUSE the prison, go to policy tab, and set every punishment to "NONE". Then you can start.
Prison has unlimited Money and was inflated with 999 999 999 $ so you have free hands here.
Drakexz
level2
level2

Postby Drakexz » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:28 pm

Name of Prison: tata
Issues: quite a few i can see so far.
- very long walkways,
- cluttered regime plan,
- more rooms of the same kind which prison architect can't handle. for example, multiple kitchens will always make a mess. the cooks will run all over the place instead of staying in 1 kitchen.
- same goes for the infirmary. the doctors won't split up equal.
- wierd guard patrols / no patrols / stationing
eg. no stationed guards at the gates, trucks will get stuck and have to wait for guards to get there and open the gate,
eg. dog patrol along the road => deliveries get searched and "dumped" onto the road. => longer walkways for the workmen,
- armed guards are not necessary, they're only making it worse.

i've played it now for quite a while and its possible to make it better, but the current alpha ist just not rerady for this setup. (my opinion)
i might upload you a savegame tomorrow with all the changes i've made.
Jaadoo
level0

Postby Jaadoo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:53 am

sebastiannielsen wrote:Name of prison: luxury_004.prison

When I was looking at the prison for a few days they didn't fight. BUT you have 5 volatile prisoners, so I guess they are the cause. I would suggest, that you build a new prisoner wing/block for supermax prisoners and put all volatile prisoners in there. Only problem is, that you only see 3 and since you don't use punishment their is no way to get an CI ( as far as I know), which means no ingame way to find the other 2. But you can find out in the savegame, if that isn't a no go for you.

To do so, simply open the savegame in an editor ( I suggest Notepad++ ) and search for volatile. Then look a few lines above for the Forname and Surname and write it down or simply reassign ingame right a way. After that just continue searching in the savegame, until you have found everyone.

Problem is, volatile prisoners will always start fights, no matter how good their needs are fulfilled, so their will be trouble in the supermax if you take this route, but atleast not in the general population.

But maybe someone else as a better idea/solution regarding your prison.

BTW I did'nt build a new wing, because I didn't want to destroy you prison layout. especially if I don't know if the solution would be to your liking.

@Drakexz I would be very grateful if you could upload it. I was afraid the game might just not up to all the rooms, but I had an idea in my head and the money and wanted to try it out. :)
sebastiannielsen
level2
level2

Postby sebastiannielsen » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:03 am

Jaadoo: Could it be due to running the game at >>> speed? They Always start fights every morning....
Jaadoo
level0

Postby Jaadoo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:39 am

@sebastiannielsen Yeah was running it at full speed. Just wanted to try it at normal speed, and I can't for some reason. The clock isn't moving on normal speed (prisoners move normally, but no time change on the clock). modding the savegame allowed me to use the second speed setting, but still no luck with normal speed. So I can't try it on normal speed...

All my savegames work fine, no idea why it doesn't with yours. Maybe someone else has more luck.
Drakexz
level2
level2

Postby Drakexz » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:55 pm

@Jaadoo

i've changed a few things.
just look at all the screens.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gry6ytdvq9tjn ... rison?dl=0
They will still start to fight from time to time but the guards usually handly it pretty quick.
(ignore the cctvs, i've only built them to get the grant.)

i like the setup / layout and i wish it would work, but with the current alpha it wont.
btw: how many fps do you get with this prison?
Jaadoo
level0

Postby Jaadoo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:16 pm

@Drakexz

Thanks a lot. Haven't played it yet, but looks great so far.

Regarding FPS:
When I pause and completly zoom out, I get 9-10 fps, which changes to 3 fps, once i start the game on first speed setting...
Totally zoomed in I get 59-62 fps when paused and 4-5 fps on first speed setting :)

So I don't really play it anymore it more or less just run in the background with me looking at it from time to time. :)
The slow speed is also the reason why I didn't finish it. I planned on a bigger section for maxsec and one for minsec, also cctv and so on but I just need a much faster system for it, or have to wait for a better optimized game version in the future, it's an alpha after all. :)

Well thanks again. Cya. :)
Drakexz
level2
level2

Postby Drakexz » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:07 am

Ok, thx for the info. I'm getting around 6 to 8 FPS while playing on the first speed setting.
I really wish introversion would optimize the game or add a few options to increase the FPS. (maybe disable shadows or what ever it is which is slowing down the game so much)

Return to “General”