General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Snupple
level1
level1

Common Room "Not Working"

Postby Snupple » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:31 am

Hi,

Bought this fantastic game a few days ago and have been playing it for ages and have found the WIKI and the forums great to solve all this minor queries..

Only thing I can't work out is the Common Room:

It doesn't seem to "work", I have phones/chairs/tv/pool/bench in there and the prisoners will go in and use the phone quickly and then go out again. I have never had anyone use the pool table/tvs or generally hang out. I presume it works similar to the Yard as far as how they use it. Its all setup right as far as I can tell.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Dajmin
level1
level1

Re: Common Room "Not Working"

Postby Dajmin » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:09 am

As long as there's no warning triangle in the room it's working properly.

Have you placed your Common Room in the middle of your Yard by any chance? Prisoners only use the Common Room during Free Time, not Yard Time, so even if it's in an accessible area they won't touch it. Odds are the quick phone use you've been talking about was because that was the nearest available.

If that's not the case then maybe a screenshot would help :)
Snupple
level1
level1

Postby Snupple » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:59 am

Dajmin wrote:As long as there's no warning triangle in the room it's working properly.

Have you placed your Common Room in the middle of your Yard by any chance? Prisoners only use the Common Room during Free Time, not Yard Time, so even if it's in an accessible area they won't touch it. Odds are the quick phone use you've been talking about was because that was the nearest available.

If that's not the case then maybe a screenshot would help :)

Screenshot attached..

I even tried putting a hole through to the Kitchen, and whilst the prisons do go through the room, they don't stop in it and seem to be 'using' it

RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:47 am

It seems to be correctly zoned. However, you have no guards patrolling the area, so the Fog-of-War is blocking the view. Place a guard there, and see if any prisoners go in to use the pool tables.

Please keep in mind that the game lacks many object animations when they are interacted with. So when a prisoner goes to use a pool table, they'll just slide behind it and stand still for a bit. The same applies for the television, the phone booth, and most other objects. That said, it may seem confusing when checking if prisoners are using the pool tables.

Cheers!
TheDemonic
level0

Postby TheDemonic » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:22 pm

They might use it; but just when you're not looking. Also, you should really get a guard that occasionally sneaks into the common room to see what is going on, or better yet you could get a CCTV Camera. As previously mentioned there are no animations for many things, the TV's are especially funny when they are being used as the prisoners hump them. Nothings seems to be out of place or done incorrectly so it's fine, if they get upset about recreational needs just give them more things to do or build a separate common room.

Return to “General”