Cannot construct a cell

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

TheStealthGod
level0

Cannot construct a cell

Postby TheStealthGod » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:12 pm

Hey!

I just purchased the game a a couple of hours ago, I played the Introduction and loved It, but when I got to make my own prison I couldn't make a cell for some reason, It said "Surrounded by walls and doors".

The screenshot Is below, If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong please tell me!

Thanks

Rob.

RGeezy911
level5
level5

Re: Cannot construct a cell

Postby RGeezy911 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:21 pm

You've made a common error made by many new players. The door should not be zoned, so enter the rooms menu and hold the right mouse button to unmark the room tile underneath the jail door. Imagine the door like one of the surrounding walls, it should not be zoned.

Hope this helps!

TheStealthGod
level0

Postby TheStealthGod » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:58 pm

RGeezy911 wrote:You've made a common error made by many new players. The door should not be zoned, so enter the rooms menu and hold the right mouse button to unmark the room tile underneath the jail door. Imagine the door like one of the surrounding walls, it should not be zoned.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, I just tried that and It still happens.

Here's another screenshot.

Thanks!
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:49 pm

The image you have posted is much too dark, and the tool-tip is overlapping most of what I need to see. Can you please post your .prison save file?

(If using Windows)
It is located in: C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Introversion\Prison Architect\saves
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:56 pm

Is your game paused? If so the requirements won't update until you unpause the game.
Dajmin
level1
level1

Postby Dajmin » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:15 pm

Couple of things that I can see so far.

The bed isn't installed yet, so it'll keep failing until that gets placed in there.
The actual defined "cell" area is only 2x4 in a 3x4 room (at least that's how it looks in the second screen - the first one is fine other than the doorway). That'll cause 2 failures. First, the toilet isn't in the "cell" part and the "cell" part isn't surrounded by walls. Unless I'm just not seeing the checkerboard pattern on that top row at least.
TheStealthGod
level0

Postby TheStealthGod » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:01 am

Thanks for all the help, I made a big mistake and the bed wasn't Installed.

Thanks for the help!

Return to “General”