My rooms turn grey and light turn off?!?!?!

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Frosty11
level0

My rooms turn grey and light turn off?!?!?!

Postby Frosty11 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:53 pm

When i was making my prison (and doing pretty well with it 8) ) i noticed that some of my rooms went dark and grey. The power station was fine and working properly. and the lights were also grey and not working. I dismantled them, and the electricity cables, and put it all back, to find out that they worked, for about 1 hour game time. Sadly, i had to get rid of my prison :( because eventually every room/building was like this.

I don't know if this WAS supposed to happen, like the bulbs blow or something (probably not because i replaced them) but if anyone can help me that would be great! I haven't ever had this problem before, and i have played this for a while now. Thx for reading!

Also Prison Architect is Great!! :P
xander
level5
level5

Re: My rooms turn grey and light turn off?!?!?!

Postby xander » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:15 pm

This would be the Fog of War. Have a guard patrol the area. Note that the toggle in the new game menu does not work; i.e. there is no way of turning the fog of war off without manually editing the save file. The details are outlined in the developer forum and on the wiki.

xander
Frosty11
level0

Postby Frosty11 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:08 pm

Thank You! I didn't know because when i created a new prison i turned fog of war off, but it stays on anyway. Thanks for the help! :D
SukaBlyat
level0

Postby SukaBlyat » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:30 am

So, basically if you have cheats enabled you can press F1 and it shows a menu. Find "EnableVisibility" and uncheck it. You can also edit your money this way.

Return to “General”