Foundation Education Program Problems

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

TheMightyTim
level0

Foundation Education Program Problems

Postby TheMightyTim » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:43 pm

Hi

In my Prison I have built a huge classroom so that prisoners can do education programs. Whenever I try and start up the foundation education program it says that all of the rooms are booked. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I need to get prisoners to complete the program so that I can finish this grant.
One more thing, is there any way to make prisoners do programs? I think you should be able to do that.

Thanks
wolfman12
level1
level1

Re: Foundation Education Program Problems

Postby wolfman12 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:03 pm

Have to go in regtime or where set up times like eat and have to have work for 3 hours of what the program time it says and it should work so that class for 3 hours so have work set up for 3 hours classes start around work time
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:18 pm

each class requires it's own classroom that is fully equiped
zombiefuhrer
level0

Postby zombiefuhrer » Tue May 06, 2014 7:24 am

I'm having a similar problem, I have no other programs running and a class with 20 desks (10 inmates are interested in Foundation Ed Program) and it says "All Rooms Booked" still.

original182
level1
level1

Postby original182 » Tue May 06, 2014 1:38 pm

Make sure that the work time is at least 3 hours.

If you have that, try changing to a different time, then click on that Reschedule All Programs button at the bottom of the page.
original182
level1
level1

Postby original182 » Tue May 06, 2014 1:39 pm

TheMightyTim wrote:One more thing, is there any way to make prisoners do programs? I think you should be able to do that.

I second this question. Is there a way to further encourage prisoners to take programs?

I want to run a prison that helps them, but right now it is easier to suppress them to lower their reoffending rate, than it is to reform them.
christhekiller
level3
level3

Postby christhekiller » Tue May 06, 2014 1:48 pm

original182 wrote:
TheMightyTim wrote:One more thing, is there any way to make prisoners do programs? I think you should be able to do that.

I second this question. Is there a way to further encourage prisoners to take programs?

I want to run a prison that helps them, but right now it is easier to suppress them to lower their reoffending rate, than it is to reform them.

All work programs are strictly voluntary programs. You can't force or encourage your prisoners to do any of them except the one with the psychologist. And even then you can't really force them, they get put in there for breaking rules and causing a ruckus. It's not all that hard to be a reform-oriented prison. You just satisfy their needs and keep armed guards to a minimum and all should be well.
sivistojko
level0

Postby sivistojko » Wed May 07, 2014 3:27 am

It looks based on the picture that you forgot to assign the room type to classroom, so that's why it appears none are available.
tenshin
level0

Postby tenshin » Wed May 07, 2014 4:09 am

Also to make this program to work, you need 3 sessions of continuous work time in your regime. Remember it takes them 10 days to pass but it depends on the prisoner. You can read the description of that program.
zombiefuhrer
level0

Postby zombiefuhrer » Wed May 07, 2014 6:21 am

wolfman12 wrote:Have to go in regtime or where set up times like eat and have to have work for 3 hours of what the program time it says and it should work so that class for 3 hours so have work set up for 3 hours classes start around work time

Thanks! That's what was wrong :)

Return to “General”