More Games Like This?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Gillan_Greenleaf
level0

More Games Like This?

Postby Gillan_Greenleaf » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:54 pm

Don't judge me, but I am looking for other games similar to Prison Architect. Before you accuse me of hating the game, keep in mind the fact that it is my favorite game and I know that nothing will be able to achieve the mix of charming humor with decent gameplay that Introversion has somehow managed to do. I am just wondering if there is another game or series of games (preferably on Steam or GoG) that mirrors the kind of strategic masterpiece that is Prison Architect. And yes, I am aware that I am a total fanboy of this game; how can I not be?
knoest26
level5
level5

Re: More Games Like This?

Postby knoest26 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:18 pm

I personally really enjoy playing Banished. Also an Indie game although it is quite though
Gillan_Greenleaf
level0

Postby Gillan_Greenleaf » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:46 pm

knoest26 wrote:I personally really enjoy playing Banished. Also an Indie game although it is quite though

Yeah, I really liked Dungeon Keeper and Theme Hospital. I have seen some gameplay of Banished and my only worry is that it is too difficult to be creative.
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:26 pm

Gillan_Greenleaf wrote: I have seen some gameplay of Banished and my only worry is that it is too difficult to be creative.

It's not difficult to be creative, just difficult to not kill everybody. Like the guy from nerdcubed said, it should be called 'everybody dies slowly the game'
Watsons27
level1
level1

Postby Watsons27 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:17 pm

http://www.reddit.com/r/gamingsuggestio ... moria_etc/

My personal opinion on each game ive played on that list.

Dwarf fortress - IT's Free and one of the most extensive games out there. Takes a lot of time to learn how to play. I personally did not have enough patience but i revisit it everyone once in a while to learn a little more.

Dungeon keeper 2- If you have not played it buy it even it you don't play a lot it costs like $3. This was the first game of this style of game i played and one of the first if not the first created.

Evil Genius - Good game but moves too slow. Lots of fun and you actually feel like you are building an evil empire that you would see in the movies.

Rim world- This game had a lot of talk about Prison Architect in their forums and how they look strikingly similar. Apart from that it's a solid space colony game. I would suggest buy this game it is only getting better with time.
Cooperashhh
level1
level1

Postby Cooperashhh » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:17 pm

It's not an indie like this but a simulator, Check out HARDTIME. You go to court everytime you commit a crime inside the jail, it's very fun and realistic.
Gillan_Greenleaf
level0

Postby Gillan_Greenleaf » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:17 am

Cooperashhh wrote:It's not an indie like this but a simulator, Check out HARDTIME. You go to court everytime you commit a crime inside the jail, it's very fun and realistic.

Oh my God, I love that game...
KillerCam
level1
level1

Postby KillerCam » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:02 am

Cooperashhh wrote:It's not an indie like this but a simulator, Check out HARDTIME. You go to court everytime you commit a crime inside the jail, it's very fun and realistic.

Great Game
Igor_Ryzhkov
level0

Postby Igor_Ryzhkov » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:27 am

The Guild 2 Renaissance is really awesome sadly the company that made it closed down :S but its really fun you have to build up a family and so on check it out ^^ :D
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:13 pm

Igor_Ryzhkov wrote:The Guild 2 Renaissance is really awesome sadly the company that made it closed down :S but its really fun you have to build up a family and so on check it out ^^ :D

Looks nice, I'll definetly try it out just before Alpha 19 comes out.
gustavoghe
level0

Postby gustavoghe » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:01 am

Dude,

You got to try Rimworld, you gonna love it. Yes, it is a working in progress but you can spend hours on it already.

Not gonna regret it.
Gillan_Greenleaf
level0

Postby Gillan_Greenleaf » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:31 pm

gustavoghe wrote:Dude,

You got to try Rimworld, you gonna love it. Yes, it is a working in progress but you can spend hours on it already.

Not gonna regret it.

Thanks, mate. By the way, if anyone is interested in Steam trading and stuff you should check out my group. Thanks guys for the great ideas.
christhekiller
level3
level3

Postby christhekiller » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:43 am

Since it was also backed up by two others you got any links to the game? Or is it available on Steam?

Also on their page RimWorld creators (sorry I don't know his/her/their name[s]) state "We also take ideas from indie hits like[...] Prison Architect (its way of presenting a complex world in a comprehensible, interactive way)."

I do wish Prison Architects walls meshed together like they do in RimWorld

Return to “General”