Ideas for Alpha 18

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

JAK4581
level0

Ideas for Alpha 18

Postby JAK4581 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:12 pm

Hello! I wounderd and i tought that you could put these stuff into the next relase.
*Multiplayer (2 people in one prison building region. Both are beside eachother.
First you need to create a private server, and give the ip with the password to your mate.)
*When a carbage bag is destroyed 50% or more then the stuff inside the carbage bag is dropped.
*The armor guards will go immidetly to your pointed points when a riot is started.
*The normal Gurads should have hand guns.
* Guard Towers
* Some visitors are from the govarment and are in your prison to offer a deal, objektive etc.
If you have some more ideas or if you are with these ideas then please, give a feedback.
Neddleson
level1
level1

Re: Ideas for Alpha 18

Postby Neddleson » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:12 pm

I should think that these will have been raised before, and please fix your grammar! :oops:
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Postby RichieGrape » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:15 pm

plz search your ideas before posting...but thx for taking your time to express your ideas
multiplayer
...not gonna happen
garbage can
...sounds kinda pointless but maybe something to be added in beta? either way not something i would like to see devs spending there time there might be useful if guards start using cans to dispose of contraband
The armor guards will go immediately to your pointed points when a riot is started
....? not exactly sure what you mean..but armed guards currently are not balanced and probably won't be until beta
normal guards guns*
.... guards inside a prison should never carry a gun (nor do police officers if they are at the prison) too dangerous
Guard towers
are in the works..just a matter of when

now the last thing i do like but would be pointless to add in this early on...would like to see staff corruption first or the attract/disgust thing (i think xander was talking about) would be much more usefull/fullfilling
http://forums.introversion.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=45509
xander wrote:I seem to recall something like this discussed a while back in terms of how a gang mechanic might be implemented, but, like you, I am coming up empty (which is even more annoying, because I distinctly remember posting in that thread). Specifically with regard to fights, my thought on implementation was something along the lines of an attraction-repulsion style of behaviour. By default, if there is a fight going on, nearby prisoners will be attracted to it (assuming that they have no other tasks that they are in the middle of). However, at a certain proximity, the fight is repulsive (rather than attractive). If a fight gets big enough (i.e. enough people are fighting or there are enough spectators), other prisoners might join (in either role), even ignoring other tasks. "Cowardly" prisoners might try to stay farther back, and "Angry" prisoners (or gang-affiliated prisoners) might actively start fighting. However, we can assume that most of the prisoners will be neither gang-affiliated nor cowardly, so the balance of attraction and repulsion should cause the prisoners to form a ring around the fight.

Or something like that.

xander
JAK4581
level0

Postby JAK4581 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:03 pm

Ok, its good to know that these ideas are alredy been talked trough.
I actually like Introversion. And if there were any grammar issues then note: I am from Estonia. Alot of estonians realy like this game though... :D
lighting957
level1
level1

Postby lighting957 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:55 pm

multiplayer
...not gonna happen

Maybe not the biggest chance, but it could happen and it would be awesome.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:23 pm

lighting957 wrote:Maybe not the biggest chance, but it could happen and it would be awesome.

And if you clap your hands very hard and believe with all of your heart, an angel will get her wings.

xander
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Postby RichieGrape » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:16 pm

xander wrote:And if you clap your hands very hard and believe with all of your heart, an angel will get her wings.

xander
gonna have to try this =P....hands are starting to hurt though...how long did you say it takes again?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:36 pm

RichieGrape wrote:
xander wrote:And if you clap your hands very hard and believe with all of your heart, an angel will get her wings.

xander
gonna have to try this =P....hands are starting to hurt though...how long did you say it takes again?

It should be instantaneous. Perhaps you aren't believing hard enough?

xander
felix00123
level0

Postby felix00123 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:54 pm

Its fairly obvious that handguns will never be given to Guards, as that would defeat the purpose of ARMED Guards. If anything, I'm looking forward to the library :) It would also be nice to add something like "Compulsory (spelt right) training" where Prisoners are forced to go through the training sessions, this is purely because I have a prison of around 50 and I only get around 3 people volunteering at any one time :(
Dajmin
level1
level1

Postby Dajmin » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:30 am

I'm not really sure what multiplayer would really add. Sure, you can "compete" to have the most valuable prison or the highest number of inmates or whatever, but that's just high score table stuff which doesn't need realtime netcode. And it would be cool, but I don't really think it adds much to the actual game (and while a load of stuff can still be edited via text file it's irrelevant) :)

People have mentioned players taking control of inmates and attempting escapes. It's an interesting idea, but I think it would be too easy for the prisoners to exploit fog of war in a way the AI doesn't.

I like the idea of government visitors though. Like inspectors you need to keep happy (with mandatory regulations you have to meet or get shut down) or corrupt officials offering bribes and stuff to take on certain under the table projects (big money but potentially sick, angry or dead prisoners). That could add an extra level of end-game challenge.
Longere
level0

Postby Longere » Sun May 04, 2014 1:36 pm

*the guards should carry woki tokies to get help from the other nearby guards
*the dog guards and armed guards should carry a baton( cause they fight with bare Hands without fire permission)
*doctors should carry dead bodies to the morgue etc.
*when guards are injuried they should go immedietly to the doctor
*there are Spezial guards with tactical shields needed
*sniper for the Tower
*only armed guards can open up all locked up doors
*partolroutes should have different Colors
tenshin
level0

Postby tenshin » Sun May 04, 2014 6:21 pm

Is this a suggestion thread??

Totally wish the developers will release some developers tools. Seriously the game is fun but it seriously bug as hell. I know its on alpha test but seriously give me the tools to fix my save game like permanently delete bug walls and missing object.

More variety of useful bureaucracy like quick build options, quick delete, outdoor cell, rubber bullets and etc in the game. Random events in the game like protest, vip prisoner and etc. New maps like mountain map containing some mineral where prisoner are force to do some prison mining in the game and etc.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Sun May 04, 2014 10:24 pm

tenshin wrote:Is this a suggestion thread??

For the game as it was three versions ago.

tenshin wrote:Totally wish the developers will release some developers tools. Seriously the game is fun but it seriously bug as hell. I know its on alpha test but seriously give me the tools to fix my save game like permanently delete bug walls and missing object.

You can edit your save file to fix those problems. And if you know it's an alpha why are you complaining about it being buggy?
Longere
level0

Postby Longere » Mon May 05, 2014 2:18 pm

yes this should be a Suggestion. i forgot to write this beforehand.

Return to “General”