Prisoners don't leave when released

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Kartoffels
level0

Prisoners don't leave when released

Postby Kartoffels » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:44 pm

I've built my first prison and the first prisoners are being released, but they don't leave their cells. Even if I open or remove the doors for them and even remove the front gate, they still continue walking around in their cells. They don't do out to eat anymore either. I've removed all the guards too to see if that helped but it didn't have any effect. Does somebody know a solution?
u235x1
level0

Re: Prisoners don't leave when released

Postby u235x1 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:15 pm

They could be awaiting punishment, for example, to serve some time in Solitary. :)
Rafe
level1
level1

Postby Rafe » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:06 pm

I have only had this happen when my guards forget to release them from lock down. I can circumvent by simply clicking on the release prisoner and moving him somewhere, typically a cell or solitary. A cop will come and move the prisoner and then the program will check him again and realize he's supposed to be release and he leaves. The good thing about this bug is it's very infrequent and recoverable.
OzWally
level0

Postby OzWally » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:39 am

I have 2 released prisoner stuck in holding cell wall until I demolished the wall that often free them, also dead wont remove from Hospital bed I had to disassemble the bed in order the dead to be removed even tho they too lazy to put them on mortuary slabs in the first place.
OlafDerPirat
level0

Postby OlafDerPirat » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:05 am

I have had the same problem until I build a lot of Solitaries, after they serve their time there, they will be released. :)
IITurboMikeII
level0

Postby IITurboMikeII » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:18 am

I have had a number of issues with prisoners not being released correctly. They are 9 times out of 10 stuck. After making sure they don't have a punishment to serve, select the prisoner, and move him to another cell or within his cell. A guard will come to collect him. After being released by the guard he will leave your prison.

As far as the hospital bed issue with evacuating dead characters, it usually seems to be guards that are placed there and not moved to the hearse. Select the dead character and give them an order to move somewhere else. Hover over them for a moment, and it will say "Move Guard to Hearse" after the pathing figures out who is going to do it.

Return to “General”