Unlock Restricted Object

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

snarst
level2
level2

Unlock Restricted Object

Postby snarst » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:19 pm

Hello, I'm rebuilding my max prison and I have noticed in the images on the dev forum that are from the game files we see a visitation booth with a screen separating the visitors from the prisoners. Well my question is this: Is there a way to unlock restricted objects that I would not normally be able to use? I don't really care if it cannot function yet. (I'm using steam)
xander
level5
level5

Re: Unlock Restricted Object

Postby xander » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:48 am

As has been noted in the developer forum, it is possible to edit your save file to add unimplemented objects. However, it is unlikely that they will work as intended, seeing as they have not yet been implemented.

xander
iScripters
level2
level2

Postby iScripters » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:52 am

If you just replace the graphics in the image file, you would have a functioning visitors table that looks like the 'restricted' one..
snarst
level2
level2

Postby snarst » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:02 am

Thanks guys. :D
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:58 pm

xander wrote:As has been noted in the developer forum, it is possible to edit your save file to add unimplemented objects. However, it is unlikely that they will work as intended, seeing as they have not yet been implemented.

xander

I don't that works in this case since the visitor table isn't an 'object' yet, the armoury and gunracks are so they can easily be put in the savegame.
You could ofcourse add an object to the objects list and spritebank, but I doubt whether it would work.....
Jelly
level1
level1

Postby Jelly » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:17 pm

You cannot add more items into the spritebank. Technically you could, but it would not show up in the menu anyway since the menu is hardcoded to only show the current available objects / all the other functions are hardcoded too. (I tried for quite a while attempting to unlock more items :) )
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:49 pm

Jelly wrote:You cannot add more items into the spritebank. Technically you could, but it would not show up in the menu anyway since the menu is hardcoded to only show the current available objects / all the other functions are hardcoded too. (I tried for quite a while attempting to unlock more items :) )

True but we were talking about placing eg. phonebooths on a map and then change the object id in the savegame. This way I created an armoury by renaming the objects and room in the savegame, if an object is not yet in the materials.txt it cant be put in the game that way because the object doesn't exist yet.

You could then add it to the spritebank and the materials.txt and try to put it in the game, it would just be difficult and not worth the try because, even if you can get it in the game, you can't use it.
Jelly
level1
level1

Postby Jelly » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:17 pm

Slight misunderstanding.

When I said you cannot add more items, I'm talking about the impossibility of 'adding' invisible objects to the objects menu, as something to click/rotate/place etc. I am aware you can 'add' these objects into a savegame provided you know the object name etc. But like I said, you cannot add new (as in totally brand spanking new uncoded items) into the game. Adding something to the spritebank/materials.txt is actually quite simple, but it will not show up.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:24 pm

knoest26 wrote:
xander wrote:As has been noted in the developer forum, it is possible to edit your save file to add unimplemented objects. However, it is unlikely that they will work as intended, seeing as they have not yet been implemented.

xander

I don't that works in this case since the visitor table isn't an 'object' yet, the armoury and gunracks are so they can easily be put in the savegame.
You could ofcourse add an object to the objects list and spritebank, but I doubt whether it would work.....

The kinds of visitor tables suggested do appear in the spritebank.

xander
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:31 pm

xander wrote:The kinds of visitor tables suggested do appear in the spritebank.

xander

But not in the 'materials.txt' and I doubt whether adding it would work, I tried adding my name in the game because it wasn't updated yet but the game would remove all names if a name is added or replaced.

Return to “General”