Is there any reason to not be completely corrupt?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

UniverseBear
level0

Is there any reason to not be completely corrupt?

Postby UniverseBear » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:52 am

I built a terrible prison called The Mega City prison. It was kind of based off the movie "escape from new York." I pretty much just made a giant holding cell with a bunch of toilets, benchs and beds. I also put in a yard and some showers. I have a giant canteen that only serves about half the prisoners food every day and no medical station at all. The idea was that although the canteen is well guarded, the rest of the prison is pretty much an indoor city run by the prisoners. Prisoners are constantly dying, conditions are disgusting and there is a riot pretty much every day. The thing is though, that even after replacing dead guards, calling in riot police and losing lots...I mean...LOTS of prisoners because I run the prison so cheaply I pull in around 8000$-10000$ a day. My official prisoner capacity is 0 and I have about 120 maximum security prisoners living there right now. I have no private cells, just the big room and about 30 solitary confinement cells. In real life this would never fly for long. The murder rate is around 50%. Being sent to Mega City is pretty much a death sentence and in real life it would be shut down right away...or maybe this game is also allowing us to pretend we are building prisons in 3rd world countries or Russia?
Are they planning to put in consequences for running a prison like this?
Taggme
level0

Re: Is there any reason to not be completely corrupt?

Postby Taggme » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:51 am

Not at all Comrade!

It is in fact the prison style of the multiverse! Your prison-style is widely used throughout the future! The fact that you provide beds is a testament to your generous nature!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owYk4TOddYY

(Scene from "The One")
Meeeps
level3
level3

Postby Meeeps » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:54 pm

I built a similar prison, 250 inmates, no cells, no workshop, 8k income. I made it mainly to experiment with the kitchen.
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:23 pm

Depending on the use of lawyers, there may be some downsides to doing this but you will not be forced to not run a totalitarian prison. The idea of the game is that you could make it nice, or not so much, and the prison will work. It makes the choices based on your morals rather than what gets you more points.
Meeeps
level3
level3

Postby Meeeps » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:06 pm

douglasrac
level1
level1

Postby douglasrac » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:20 pm

I think the need for privacy destroyed the possibilities to make a 3rd world country prison work fine.

Prisioners could happily live in a holding cell with 10 prisioners without riots.
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:41 pm

It's still quite easy to make brutal prisons. Simply increase the guard to prisoner ratio slightly and toss prisoners in to solitary at random.
Meeeps
level3
level3

Postby Meeeps » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:46 pm

douglasrac wrote:I think the need for privacy destroyed the possibilities to make a 3rd world country prison work fine.

Prisioners could happily live in a holding cell with 10 prisioners without riots.

I have a prison with 250 inmates without cell, works not that bad, lack of privacy alone does not start riot.
Last edited by Meeeps on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
douglasrac
level1
level1

Postby douglasrac » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:47 pm

But that is unfair. I don't want to just be bad and mad. I want to make a less luxury prison but still no need to become Hitler.

A private cell is a luxury, even in developed countries. A cell can hold 2 double beds, meaning at least 4 prisoners.

I have a prison with 250 inmates without cell, works not that bad, lack of privacy alone does not start riot.

It does. Any need if in critical level can trigger a riot.
Meeeps
level3
level3

Postby Meeeps » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:53 pm

I think, it needs around at least 2 needs in critical level also privacy seems not go that high itself, it might matter of the need, but of course, if you have no privacy, everything else needs to be almost perfect.
douglasrac
level1
level1

Postby douglasrac » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:43 pm

Maybe there is a difference on riot trigger for max and min security. In my experience, everything is reason for riots in max security prisoners.
Meeeps
level3
level3

Postby Meeeps » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:06 pm

might be true, in my kitchen test prison, I have normal risk only, since my main goal was to get a working kitchen. But well, then simply don't open for high risk, that is the whole point, why it lets you customize it.
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:02 am

It depends on which need is critical and the boiling point of that prisoner to decide when a riot will happen. If a prisoner wants privacy but the rest of his basic needs are fulfilled, the only reason he'll riot is if he has a low boiling point. That's why high security prisoners are so violent, they'll react to smaller needs that a normal or minimum security prisoner.

Return to “General”