Re: Selling Dumps and Paypal

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:57 pm

REMOVE THIS THREAD! SOMEONE "HACKED" MY STATS INTO HERE PUTTING THE BLAME ON ME! REMOVE THIS THREAD, I DIDNNT MAKE THIS THREAD

Someone moderator remove this thread! Someone put the blame on me by removing the "creator" of the thread and making me the fake 'creator"...
Last edited by thekillergreece on Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chewbacado
level2
level2

Postby Chewbacado » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:33 pm

At least this isn't like the cart life forum.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:49 pm

What?!?!?!Hacker!Remove this thread!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:00 pm

Before you start jumping up and down and declaring that you have been hacked, why don't you consider a more likely scenario: rather than reporting a spam post, you did what we have been repeatedly asked not to do, and replied to it. Then, when one of the moderators got around to deleting the post, they did so without doing anything else to the thread. This means that your response to a spammer was made the top post. In the future, maybe you will simply hit the "Report" button, rather than reply.

xander
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:59 am

But how do we know xander's account hasn't been hacked, albeit by a sensible but surly hacker?
GC13
level2
level2

Postby GC13 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:59 am

xander wrote:Before you start jumping up and down and declaring that you have been hacked, why don't you consider a more likely scenario: rather than reporting a spam post, you did what we have been repeatedly asked not to do, and replied to it. Then, when one of the moderators got around to deleting the post, they did so without doing anything else to the thread. This means that your response to a spammer was made the top post. In the future, maybe you will simply hit the "Report" button, rather than reply.

xander

I don't know if they're snide insinuations or disingenuous assertions, but I've had enough of them!

No wait, I mean, ah yes, "moderators." We have dismissed that claim.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:41 am

xander wrote:Before you start jumping up and down and declaring that you have been hacked, why don't you consider a more likely scenario: rather than reporting a spam post, you did what we have been repeatedly asked not to do, and replied to it. Then, when one of the moderators got around to deleting the post, they did so without doing anything else to the thread. This means that your response to a spammer was made the top post. In the future, maybe you will simply hit the "Report" button, rather than reply.

xander

Where is the thread you are mentioning for?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:31 am

thekillergreece wrote:Where is the thread you are mentioning for?
This one right here.

Now, this is interesting. From the logs I can see, xander's analysis is mostly correct. Laika deleted the original post and, in fact, the whole thread. The interesting bit is that this happened a couple of minutes BEFORE greece's first post here. Could it be that you had the original post open in your browser for a bit before you submitted your reply?

Either way, the takeaway is: do not reply to spam, use the report button.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:39 am

bert_the_turtle wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:Where is the thread you are mentioning for?
This one right here.

Now, this is interesting. From the logs I can see, xander's analysis is mostly correct. Laika deleted the original post and, in fact, the whole thread. The interesting bit is that this happened a couple of minutes BEFORE greece's first post here. Could it be that you had the original post open in your browser for a bit before you submitted your reply?

Either way, the takeaway is: do not reply to spam, use the report button.

I saw the thread, added a reply: 'I am selling a ban for you." then there, later unknown how, he copied my stats,name to the main author..
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:18 am

bert_the_turtle wrote:Now, this is interesting. From the logs I can see, xander's analysis is mostly correct. Laika deleted the original post and, in fact, the whole thread. The interesting bit is that this happened a couple of minutes BEFORE greece's first post here. Could it be that you had the original post open in your browser for a bit before you submitted your reply?

I saw thekillergreece's post in the thread before the spam post was deleted. Could be due to website caching.

thekillergreece wrote:I saw the thread, added a reply: 'I am selling a ban for you." then there, later unknown how, he copied my stats,name to the main author..

Your stats weren't copied to the main author. The forum software takes the information from the first post in the thread and as the spam post was deleted it now gets the information from your post.

Return to “General”