Question's about lockdown and the kitchen

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Question's about lockdown and the kitchen

Postby xander » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:46 pm

The general forum is for gameplay questions. He asked a gameplay question. Maybe he torrented the game, and maybe he didn't (it is entirely possible, even if unlikely, that he bought the game and simply never registered his account). If he did torrent the game, jumping down his throat and being an asshole about it certainly won't convince him that buying the game is a good idea; and if he didn't torrent the game, being a dick is certainly not appropriate. In either case, there is no reason to post in giant yellow letters.

xander
User avatar
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5
Posts: 4795
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:11 pm
Location: Cologne
Contact:

Re: Question's about lockdown and the kitchen

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:41 am

xander wrote:In either case, there is no reason to post in giant yellow letters.

That. And if you do anything on a discussion forum in retaliation, you are doing it wrong.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Question's about lockdown and the kitchen

Postby xander » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:42 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:
xander wrote:In either case, there is no reason to post in giant yellow letters.

That. And if you do anything on a discussion forum in retaliation, you are doing it wrong.

But... but... but... someone! On the internet! IS WRONG!

xander
RGeezy911
level5
level5
Posts: 1098
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: Question's about lockdown and the kitchen

Postby RGeezy911 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:55 pm

@tntiscool54,

Please keep in mind that if your prison is in lockdown, if a prisoner is in possession of "Jail Keys", they will instant destroy any door they encounter, even solitary doors. I'm fairly certain it's a bug, but I'm not sure. I'm also not sure if others have encountered this before.
User avatar
knoest26
level5
level5
Posts: 1380
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:55 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Question's about lockdown and the kitchen

Postby knoest26 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:48 am

Am I the only one who thinks illegal downloading is normal if you just want to test the game.... Demo's never give you the complete experience and for some $30 is quite a lot for a game that might not even be finished for all you know. I torrented (past tense)

It's like that CEO of mojang said when one of his friends asked for a minecraft account:" Download an illegal patch and buy an account when you do have the money"
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Question's about lockdown and the kitchen

Postby xander » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:09 pm

knoest26 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks illegal downloading is normal if you just want to test the game....

What is normative does not equate to what is ethical or legal. Many people illegally obtain software, then justify it by claiming that they are simply seeking a demo. They may or may not be honest when making such a statement. You may or may not be honest when making such a statement. It is certainly illegal in most jurisdictions, and the ethics are muddy and grey, at best.

xander
tntiscool54
level1
level1
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:24 pm

Re: Question's about lockdown and the kitchen

Postby tntiscool54 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:27 pm

This form post is turning into a mess....haha :lol:
s20dan
level0
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Re: Question's about lockdown and the kitchen

Postby s20dan » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:06 am

xander wrote:What is normative does not equate to what is ethical or legal.


And what is legal does not equate to what is ethical.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Question's about lockdown and the kitchen

Postby xander » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:18 pm

s20dan wrote:
xander wrote:What is normative does not equate to what is ethical or legal.


And what is legal does not equate to what is ethical.

If you had read to the end of my post, you would have realized that I addressed that point.

xander
s20dan
level0
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Re: Question's about lockdown and the kitchen

Postby s20dan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:25 am

xander wrote:
s20dan wrote:
xander wrote:What is normative does not equate to what is ethical or legal.


And what is legal does not equate to what is ethical.

If you had read to the end of my post, you would have realized that I addressed that point.

xander


Ha, really? You're post just made you look naive. The world is full of murky grey ethics, least of all of those would be downloading a torrent to try a game.
User avatar
MAdMaN
level4
level4
Posts: 899
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:12 pm
Location: Manchester, England

Re: Question's about lockdown and the kitchen

Postby MAdMaN » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:16 am

s20dan wrote:You're post just made you look naive.

If you're going to call someone naive you might want to make sure you use the correct version of "your".
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Question's about lockdown and the kitchen

Postby xander » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:21 pm

s20dan wrote:Ha, really? You're post just made you look naive. The world is full of murky grey ethics, least of all of those would be downloading a torrent to try a game.

Would you care to elaborate? or are you just going to call me names?

xander

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests