Chief Stands in the Road

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Nightblind
level0

Chief Stands in the Road

Postby Nightblind » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:20 pm

My newly hired Chief, immediately departs his 5 x 5 office (complete with chair, desk and filing cabinet) and stands in the middle of the road.
Why does he do this? And what am I doing wrong?
tntiscool54
level1
level1

Re: Chief Stands in the Road

Postby tntiscool54 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:56 pm

can we see the office's please?
Nightblind
level0

Postby Nightblind » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:09 pm

My whole prison (my first) went to hell in a handbag. Error upon error, so I am starting from scratch. The Chiefs office was originally 4x4, but I saw in forum someone mentioned 5x5, so I enlarged it, but then workmen wouldn't add flooring to the expanded section. So I demolished whole wing, but then workmen didn't remove everything, stood at prison entrance with bags of garbage leaving rubble and assorted items in the demolished section, etc etc. Back to square one.
metulburr
level1
level1

Postby metulburr » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:38 pm

sometimes my workmen stop doing things. They will all stand sometimes anywhere, sometimes all next to eachother, and go around in circles glitching. I will have him move to another location, he will walk there, and either come back, or start doing it where i left him. I think sometimes the queue for the workmen get messed up. So i now try to have them do one thing at a time, before giving them a massive list of things to do. I also sometimes have to completely restart the game to fix the circle workmen bug. They seem to fix themselves when i come back.

However sometimes i found the reason was my fault for them doing this, as on one occasion i had given them a order to build something in a section that had no door for them to get to. When it came time for that queue, the workman would start doing nothing and glitching around. So i had to finangle them to make a door first. Which resulted in another glitch, etc. So i had to demolish a wall section for them to get to do the first thing, before they could build a door, etc.

There are a lot of bugs, but if you think about it, sometimes you can finangle your way around it if you think about it in a programming percpective.

EDIT:
If the area the workemn are in, are close to a inmate fight, etc, they will stop and wait for that to end instead of moving on to the next queue'd order. Sometimes i have had to re-order it again after the fight.
snarst
level2
level2

Postby snarst » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:17 pm

He sees his new transfer and doesn't like it. Poor guy, he's hit rock bottom. Better end it.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:21 pm

It looks like you have zoned a 1x1 office out in the middle of the road. Staff that need offices will go to the next available office, where "next available" seems to be based on when the office was created, whether or not the office is functional. Thus if you created a 5x5 office, then a 1x1 office, then a 5x5 office, then hire a Warden followed by a Chief, the Warden will go to the 5x5 office and the Chief to the 1x1 office. Unzone that 1x1 office in the road, and the Chief should go to where he is supposed to be.

xander

Return to “General”