Weird Bug

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

RockStarDomo5467
level0

Weird Bug

Postby RockStarDomo5467 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:47 am

Hello I'm a brand new user here, and I wanted to report a bug for prison architect alpha 13. Sometimes every single room go's dark and when the prisoners walk in the darkness they just disappear. But however they're still there, they just make noise like they should be doing (ex: snoring showers, etc.). And same with everyone except the guards. When the guards walk near the darkness, some of it pushes back. And so this bug or whatever it is is freaking me out, cuz I have no idea what the prisoners are actually doing. So yeah. That's pretty much all I had to say. Thank you for your time, and have a good day.
GC13
level2
level2

Re: Weird Bug

Postby GC13 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:49 am

This is the Fog of War being enabled regardless of what option you selected when making the prison. This happens to everyone.

To fix this, just open the .prison file for your save in a text editor like Notepad and find the "EnabledVisibility true" line and either change the true to a false, or just delete the line.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Re: Weird Bug

Postby paktsardines » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:16 am

In case it wasn't clear, this 'fog' is deliberate. It represents you not being able to see what's happening inside those areas of your prison. To lift the fog, so to speak, move a guard into the same room as the prisoners.
To prevent the fog coming back you can deploy your guards on patrol routes around your foggy areas.
You can also set up CCTV cameras which will always let you see what's happening in a room, provided you have a staff member stationed at the CCTV Monitor in your security room.

Return to “General”