Multiple holding cells

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Rafe
level1
level1

Multiple holding cells

Postby Rafe » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:19 pm

I have been experimenting with multiple holding cell designs to 1 try to save money and 2 just introduce some chaos. My holding cells are overcrowded. I would rather multiple holding cells because my impression is that when a conflict erupts in a holding cell tempers can be ignited by everybody within the cell. If i have self contained holding cells i can limit the spread of aggression or atleast better regulate it than constantly expanding to larger adn larger holding cells. In my latest prison i have 2 holding cells but only one gets laundry service. My first holding cell has a laundry basket with clean and freshly pressed clothing yet all the inmates in that cell are angry about clothing. Is having multiple holding cells tampering with the laundry logic?

Has anybody tried a multiple holding cell methodology and made it work laundry and all.
Spectre Incarnate
level2
level2

Re: Multiple holding cells

Postby Spectre Incarnate » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:35 pm

Hello, Rafe, and welcome to the dev forums.

Rafe wrote:IMy first holding cell has a laundry basket with clean and freshly pressed clothing yet all the inmates in that cell are angry about clothing. Is having multiple holding cells tampering with the laundry logic?

Having a prison tampers with the laundry logic. :lol:

Saving and reloading will help sometimes. And don't forget a designated shower time (not freetime showers) for prisoners to change into clean clothes. Even then, it's pretty hit and miss. And who knows, along with the typical laundry issues, having multiple holding cells may be adding to that. I don't even know if multiple holding cells is possible as a viable set up?

Edit: Almost forgot. I could be wrong, but I don't think they actually riot over dirty clothing yet?
Rafe
level1
level1

Postby Rafe » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:32 am

Spectre Incarnate wrote:Hello, Rafe, and welcome to the dev forums.

Having a prison tampers with the laundry logic. :lol:

Saving and reloading will help sometimes. And don't forget a designated shower time (not freetime showers) for prisoners to change into clean clothes. Even then, it's pretty hit and miss. And who knows, along with the typical laundry issues, having multiple holding cells may be adding to that. I don't even know if multiple holding cells is possible as a viable set up?

Edit: Almost forgot. I could be wrong, but I don't think they actually riot over dirty clothing yet?
Thanks for the welcome and response.

Yeah i notice bizarreness sometimes as laundry baskets with fresh clothes are rolled into communal showers yet sometimes they are left in the holding cell. I do have showertime so i'm not sure why these convicts are not changing clothing in their holding cell. Maybe they are shy but i think i would rather change in front of others than take a deuce. I have witnessed , in my first game with a 4 cellblocks with individual cells for each prisoner, convicts simply change their clothing by returning to their cells and finding a laundered outfit on their bed and simple changing in their cell. The odd thing is that the laundry seems to work in my second prison in 1 holding cell while the 2nd holding cell i have dirty clothes pilled everywhere, a basket with clean orange suits, convicts ignoring that basket while bitching at the psychologist for clothing all while 5 inmates idle in the laundry room waiting for some task to do.

I don't think i've witnessed a riot over laundry but i'm not sure how you can even tell why a riot is happening unlees you look at needs. My convicts are sleep deprived because i have about 50 of them adn 15 beds total as well as no entertainment. I have been trying to actually make laundry work and struggled it in my 120 population prison with no holding cell and all individual cells. Still my big prison runs smoother than my 50 prisoner capacity system with 2 holding cells.
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:24 am

eh? this is general.

*rubs eyes*

Nope still general! What you been drinking o.O lol
Spectre Incarnate
level2
level2

Postby Spectre Incarnate » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:37 am

Xoligy wrote:

eh? this is general.

*rubs eyes*

Nope still general! What you been drinking o.O lol

*shrugs*
Copy/pasted the wrong line from my notepad. It happens.

Return to “General”