Inverse Reward System

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Stormcaller3801
level0

Inverse Reward System

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:17 am

I was just idly observing something- perhaps others have as well or would like to debate it.

It seems as if the game as an inverse reward system built into it, by virtue of the way it handles needs and prison sentences.

Your average minimum security prisoner is slow to build up needs, and on top of that, likely has very little time they need to serve in your prison. So there's a reasonable likelihood that they will be released before their needs can build to the point of being a problem. The needs most likely to require actual attention are the very basics.

By comparison your average maximum security prisoner is quick to make their gripes known, requiring more of you to keep your prisoners from rioting, and on top of that they're likely to have longer sentences, meaning you can't just wait things out- you need to solve their problems and keep them solved.

This would seem to encourage a prison design where the least dangerous criminals get the worst facilities, while the murderers and such are pampered. To my knowledge this is the opposite of the standard for American prisons.
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:34 am

All you have noticed is that when they added prisoner releases (alpha 11 i think it was) the countdown was too fast, so min sec prisoners needs are not having time to build before they are released.

You see in a 24hour period a year passes on their sentence, this is something that will be sorted during beta i guess.
Novbert
level2
level2

Re: Inverse Reward System

Postby Novbert » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:38 am

Stormcaller3801 wrote:This would seem to encourage a prison design where the least dangerous criminals get the worst facilities, while the murderers and such are pampered. To my knowledge this is the opposite of the standard for American prisons.

... not that you could separate them by any means right now.
Actually I like the current way it works, and from a gameplay perspective, I think it really should work this way. More dangerous criminals => more challenge. It's as simple as that.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:07 am

You also forget that the devs are trying to implement other ways of running a prison successfully without caring about the prisoners needs too much. All of this is just a huge question of balancing the game, which will happen in Beta phase.
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.
~Garfield
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:08 am

Im looking forward to Beta game should be more challenging then :D
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:55 am

Xoligy wrote:Im looking forward to Beta game should be more challenging then :D

I'm looking forward to the released game, should be complete. :wink:
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:08 am

christopher1006 wrote:
Xoligy wrote:Im looking forward to Beta game should be more challenging then :D

I'm looking forward to the released game, should be complete. :wink:

Sure complete be nice but thats a long way away at the moment and id just like some new challenges.
Only challenge i have left to complete is GFC mod: No loans, continuous intake, every prisoner with a complete cell after that its another few weeks of twiddling my thumbs.

Return to “General”