[Idea] Robots

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Xoligy
level3
level3
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:34 am

Postby Xoligy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:49 am

drakhri wrote:It hasn't been overlooked by you.

We are not devs, devs only check the DEV forum we will not post your idea there for you, we will not bring up your idea there.

drakhri wrote:How is it rude at all? What's rude are trolls bringing nothing productive to the thread.

Its rude because you are not following the current system that is in place for ideas, not only that but you have not even given a decent description of how it works the advantages or the disadvantages.

As for nothing productive to the thread that started with your post and every post following it, the only "troll" as you put it is you the thread starter.

drakhri wrote:Maybe you should consider that I don't want it in the dev forum?

Only reason is your not a paying customer what other reason could there be?
Prove me wrong and post in the right section...

drakhri wrote:There are several reasons for me to not post in the dev forum.

Only reason is your not a paying customer what other reason could there be?
Prove me wrong and post in the right section...

This is the last time im posting in this thread you are doing nothing but trolling your own thread and making yourself look bad meaning when you do post in the right section people will more than likely look over your idea rather than actually reading it and discussing it. You have had more than one opportunity to post your idea in the right section but it seems your quite contempt on ignoring any and all advise you are given, your not helping yourself or doing yourself any favours.
User avatar
Ric666
level3
level3
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:12 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Postby Ric666 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:37 am

Not a big fan of this idea myself.

As Xoligy has already mentioned & I agree, I'd prefer to have my prisoners to do all the work :)

+ you would need them everywhere if you were delivery food or clothes etc...I'm just not sure it have any benefit over what we currently have.
User avatar
MAdMaN
level4
level4
Posts: 899
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:12 pm
Location: Manchester, England

Postby MAdMaN » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:44 pm

drakhri wrote:Maybe you should consider that I don't want it in the dev forum?
There are several reasons for me to not post in the dev forum.

Such as?

drakhri wrote:Says the troll as he posts in the thread...

Just because someone disagrees with you it doesn't make them a troll.
User avatar
christopher1006
level5
level5
Posts: 1019
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Postby christopher1006 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:59 pm

Ric666 wrote:Not a big fan of this idea myself.

As Xoligy has already mentioned & I agree, I'd prefer to have my prisoners to do all the work :)

+ you would need them everywhere if you were delivery food or clothes etc...I'm just not sure it have any benefit over what we currently have.


Not sure how the OP enivisios this but I see it as having the AVGs coming from a centralized kitchen going to the canteens all around the prison, same idea with laundry but to some designated spot right beside or in the cell blocks. That way they get there and dump off their boxes of food and a prisoner/chef (depending on staff only zones and work designations) will run over there are place the trays. So you could have, for example, all of your min sec guys cooking all the food and loading them in to the AVGs a calculated time before eat time starts so they can make it to a canteen and be unloaded in time. Then you could have the nearest prisoner to that canteen not assigned to a job go and place the trays and food. Now later on when we can segregate our prisons the game would try to find a prisoner of the appropriate type allowed in there (high security for high security canteen, medium security for medium security canteen, etc.) Actually you could even have an option menu for who places trays and food such as prisoners, guards, chefs, workmen. That way you could optimize it by what you believe would be the most efficient.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
drakhri
level1
level1
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:25 pm

Postby drakhri » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:32 am

Image
Just for reference.
Last edited by drakhri on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
drakhri
level1
level1
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:25 pm

Postby drakhri » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:33 am

MAdMaN wrote:Just because someone disagrees with you it doesn't make them a troll.

No, what makes it a troll is the disregard for the thread topic. Arguing about which forum you think it should go in is trolling.
Xoligy wrote:This is the last time im posting in this thread you are doing nothing but trolling your own thread and making yourself look bad meaning when you do post in the right section people will more than likely look over your idea rather than actually reading it and discussing it. You have had more than one opportunity to post your idea in the right section but it seems your quite contempt on ignoring any and all advise you are given, your not helping yourself or doing yourself any favours.

Actually, you look pretty bad from my point of view, and your troll has completely failed. There is no benefit to answering any of your troll related questions. So again, don't post if you have nothing relevant to say.
christopher1006 wrote:Not sure how the OP enivisios this but I see it as having the AVGs coming from a centralized kitchen going to the canteens all around the prison, same idea with laundry but to some designated spot right beside or in the cell blocks. That way they get there and dump off their boxes of food and a prisoner/chef (depending on staff only zones and work designations) will run over there are place the trays. So you could have, for example, all of your min sec guys cooking all the food and loading them in to the AVGs a calculated time before eat time starts so they can make it to a canteen and be unloaded in time. Then you could have the nearest prisoner to that canteen not assigned to a job go and place the trays and food. Now later on when we can segregate our prisons the game would try to find a prisoner of the appropriate type allowed in there (high security for high security canteen, medium security for medium security canteen, etc.) Actually you could even have an option menu for who places trays and food such as prisoners, guards, chefs, workmen. That way you could optimize it by what you believe would be the most efficient.

I can see all sorts of different design architectures that would be useful. Mostly, the 2 main benefits I see are:
1) That it would give opportunity to use more optimized code. Making a track based system would save a lot of CPU time that would have otherwise been spent on prisoners/workers depending on how the devs currently calculate path finding. Most likely they use dijkstra's or some other form of A*. Switching to tracks would greatly decrease the number of vertices and edges that would need to be searched potentially from a ~O(n^2) to a ~O(n) depending on the track setup.
2) Security. It could be expanded to have doorways that only the robots fit in (flat + locked) allowing them to easily enter/exit high security areas. Lowering the risk of losing workers and reducing the need for guards. You wouldn't need a guard to babysit the door for standard deliveries.

It adds a bit of depth that would still be optional. El profit prisons could still just use prison labor to get the job done while those playing more of a min/max style could have robots doing the work for a cost.
drakhri
level1
level1
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:25 pm

Postby drakhri » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:40 am

Ric666 wrote:Not a big fan of this idea myself.

As Xoligy has already mentioned & I agree, I'd prefer to have my prisoners to do all the work :)

+ you would need them everywhere if you were delivery food or clothes etc...I'm just not sure it have any benefit over what we currently have.


I mentioned the main benefits I see in my previous post.
I see the placement working similar to how CCTV works: A main 'station' for controlling /monitoring them and a garage for maintaining/storing them. Buying new robots would just involve placing them in the garage and letting them sort out the best paths themselves. They would be everywhere afterwards, but really only needing tracks to be placed. Wouldn't be difficult to add the ability to control what hours they worked on each task either, allowing you to, for example, do laundry only in the middle of the night when the halls are clear.
Xoligy
level3
level3
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:34 am

Postby Xoligy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:29 am

If your going to call people trolls then maybe you should know what one is before actually calling someone one?

A troll is someone that does not bring anything to the thread at all, so far i have replied to your very limited explanation of your idea saying why i did not like your idea and the explained the current forum rules to you on multiple occasions with another user but because you dont like them sets of rules and can not access the developers forum you have resulted to name calling and calling people "trolls".

Like i said in my last post, you are the only one that is trolling by not following the current working ideas system and thinking you are special. If you brought the game then you would have no problem with following the current system rather than trolling your own thread arguing that you dont have to follow the current system.

A troll is someone that brings nothing to threads, ignores forum rules and thinks they are something special. So far your ticking all three boxes and not explaining your reasons for not following the current system other than "i dont have to" something a troll would say ironically even your big'o image kind of proves your nothing more than a troll. So far everything that has come out of you mouth has been typical troll rubbish saying im being troll'ish yet ive not said anything troll like :roll: Returned feedback, told you the current forum rules and systems how to get your idea in the game and even how to write a better description yet i get called a troll because you dont like the response? lol

If you buy the game and post in the right section you will find that the people that have already posted and others will respond to your idea, until then others will just pop in and tell you to post in the dev section.

@chris, i have no idea why your defending this guy and giving feedback when you have to post your own ideas in the dev forum :roll:

-back out of thread, just thought id explain what a troll was to the OP.
User avatar
paktsardines
level5
level5
Posts: 1752
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am
Location: Australia

Postby paktsardines » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:15 am

Arguing about which forum you think it should go in is trolling.

The hypocrisy is hilarious.

Just to be clear, drakhri, there is no argument. This is the wrong forum for your suggestion. End of story.

We are all happy to discuss your idea's merits [or lack thereof] in the Developer Forum, just as we have done for the thousand-odd other suggestions that others have happily posted there.
JackTheHat
level1
level1
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:42 pm

Postby JackTheHat » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Personally, and I know this is slightly different than robots, I would like to be able to give guards/staff time that they should do things, and to have them not work 24/7 so you need to have shifts.

Say have a guard open a gate at a certain time, do a patrol at a certain time, have deliveries occur at a certain time so that we can have the guards open the gates, bring in the stuff and close up behind them. Even have it so when the prisoners go for food their are guards escorting them between areas.

I think this will really give us the power to create really interesting prisons.

Of course I think we would need to have some way of ramping the difficulty up with this as in the current state things like automation and routines, (or automated vehicles!) would make it impossible for anything to go wrong.
drakhri
level1
level1
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:25 pm

Postby drakhri » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:27 am

Xoligy wrote:If your going to call people trolls then maybe you should know what one is before actually calling someone one?

A troll is someone that does not bring anything to the thread at all, so far i have replied to your very limited explanation of your idea saying why i did not like your idea and the explained the current forum rules to you on multiple occasions with another user but because you dont like them sets of rules and can not access the developers forum you have resulted to name calling and calling people "trolls".

Like i said in my last post, you are the only one that is trolling by not following the current working ideas system and thinking you are special. If you brought the game then you would have no problem with following the current system rather than trolling your own thread arguing that you dont have to follow the current system.

A troll is someone that brings nothing to threads, ignores forum rules and thinks they are something special. So far your ticking all three boxes and not explaining your reasons for not following the current system other than "i dont have to" something a troll would say ironically even your big'o image kind of proves your nothing more than a troll. So far everything that has come out of you mouth has been typical troll rubbish saying im being troll'ish yet ive not said anything troll like :roll: Returned feedback, told you the current forum rules and systems how to get your idea in the game and even how to write a better description yet i get called a troll because you dont like the response? lol

If you buy the game and post in the right section you will find that the people that have already posted and others will respond to your idea, until then others will just pop in and tell you to post in the dev section.

@chris, i have no idea why your defending this guy and giving feedback when you have to post your own ideas in the dev forum :roll:

-back out of thread, just thought id explain what a troll was to the OP.


I gave a video explaining what it was...
The current "system" is that the general forum is for anything related to prison architect outside of bugs (as stated by the admin in the forum rules).
Please reread the rules, look up the definition of troll, and stop posting in my thread as you have nothing constructive to say.
I have bought the game, and I have posted in the dev forum. Like I said, I did not want to post this in the dev forum. Why are you posting in forums if you cannot read?
drakhri
level1
level1
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:25 pm

Postby drakhri » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:31 am

JackTheHat wrote:Personally, and I know this is slightly different than robots, I would like to be able to give guards/staff time that they should do things, and to have them not work 24/7 so you need to have shifts.

Say have a guard open a gate at a certain time, do a patrol at a certain time, have deliveries occur at a certain time so that we can have the guards open the gates, bring in the stuff and close up behind them. Even have it so when the prisoners go for food their are guards escorting them between areas.

I think this will really give us the power to create really interesting prisons.

Of course I think we would need to have some way of ramping the difficulty up with this as in the current state things like automation and routines, (or automated vehicles!) would make it impossible for anything to go wrong.


I agree to a point: I believe the extra difficultly will largely come from the complex systems themselves in combination with the prisoners being able to escape. For example, a miscalculated guard escort could leave a dangerous prisoner free to make an escape attempt. It's also possible that a none escorted prisoner could make use of the robots in order to transfer contraband that could be used in an escape.
drakhri
level1
level1
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:25 pm

Postby drakhri » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:35 am

paktsardines wrote:
Arguing about which forum you think it should go in is trolling.

The hypocrisy is hilarious.

Just to be clear, drakhri, there is no argument. This is the wrong forum for your suggestion. End of story.

We are all happy to discuss your idea's merits [or lack thereof] in the Developer Forum, just as we have done for the thousand-odd other suggestions that others have happily posted there.


According to the admin, whom outrank you, ideas can be posted here, as I have clearly demonstrated.
Saying end of story does not change anything, it does not prove any point, and it only makes your argument weaker as it shows a lack of real evidence to support your ideas.
Please only reply on topic.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:41 am

drakhri wrote:According to the admin, whom outrank you, ideas can be posted here, as I have clearly demonstrated.

[citation required]

xander
Xoligy
level3
level3
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:34 am

Postby Xoligy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:59 am

drakhri wrote:I have posted in the dev forum.


I have seen, yet you still refuse to post your idea in the section we are asking so i will not discuss your idea any further you seem quite contempt on "trolling" your own post making yourself look bad and putting people off your own idea and future ideas.

You have done nothing but argue with every poster (like a troll would), said your above the current rules and hierarchy and will not even expand on your OWN idea so i do not take you, or any future posts seriously.

Sorry but your nothing more than a troll.

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 56 guests