Prison Architect: Global Financial Crisis Mod v1.04 Alpha 16

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

paktsardines
level5
level5

Prison Architect: Global Financial Crisis Mod v1.04 Alpha 16

Postby paktsardines » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:16 pm

Prison Architect: Global Financial Crisis Mod v1.04 (Alpha 16)
The crime rate is up, the stock market is down. Time to tighten your belt, the Global Financial Crisis has arrived.

The Global Financial Crisis Mod brings expanded gameplay to Prison Architect through carefully rebalanced pricing, new grants, objectives and a crap-tonne of new features. This makes the game a lot more challenging, and also more rewarding.
The objective is to raise your prisoner population to 100 prisoners and receive the sizeable performance bonus, but it's not an easy road.
The mod was designed for players who have played a fair bit of Prison Architect before, so new players might find it too difficult.

Key Features:
    - Heaps of new grants, pricings and payouts
    - Loans & interest rates
    - Investments & Dividends
    - Insurance (fire & inferno cover)
    - Land Leasing
    - Outsourcing
    - Performance bonuses
    - Victory conditions
    - Improved replayability: - Loans, variable interest rates, share markets and other elements are uniquely generated when you download, meaning no two downloads will be the same.
Gameplay Tips
    - Plan big, but start small.
    - Don't borrow more than you can afford.
    - Time is money, so use it well.
    - Hire an accountant as soon as you can.
    - If investing, make sure you have the cash (or borrow cash, if you're feeling lucky ;)

Available for download here

Please post your feedback and suggestions below.
Last edited by paktsardines on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 11 times in total.
berke1100
level1
level1

Postby berke1100 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:56 pm

In build 3 solitary cells misson, cells must have solitary door ?
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:58 pm

yep. ;)
berke1100
level1
level1

Postby berke1100 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:11 pm

paktsardines wrote:yep. ;)

Ahh only solitary doors cost 900 dolars. :?
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:21 pm

Well, for 3 of them, it's a bargain...
Venat0r
level0

Postby Venat0r » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:14 pm

I really that mod of yours.
Its a real challenge.

PS:Kinda funny that one of my prisoners had a moneybag as contraband.
BellaRose
level0

Postby BellaRose » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:23 am

Thanks for the 1.0 release, Now I can start playing Alpha 12 ;)
CriticalRocket
level1
level1

Postby CriticalRocket » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:44 am

Wow, the game is still in alhpa and already a mod has been made :p

Well, I'm going to install it and see what it's like.

ATM I have barely any income, 2000 a day or something.. hope this mod can make things a bit more interesting.

Also, it'd be nice if you could give some more information about the mod, what it does, how it works, and some screenshots would be nice too ;)
Hey, you there, yes you, the one reading this. Stop reading this. NOW! I'm giving you ONE last warning! Stop! No! Wait! Don't read more! Or I'll..
I'll.. I'll write angry messages on your profile!

Ugh. I give up.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback. More information on the mod is available here, where you'll find release notes and the full changelog.

The key element this mod brings is expanded gameplay through carefully rebalanced pricing, new grants and objectives. In particular this mod improves mid and late stages of the game.

The rebalanced pricing makes the game a lot more challenging, but it's also more rewarding. The objective is to get to 100 prisoners and receive a large performance bonus, but it's not an easy road. The mod was built for players who have played a fair bit of Prison Architect before, so new players might find it too difficult.

The key is to build small and plan big. Loans can be quite a slipperly slope, so If you can get through the early grants without needing a loan, then you'll be in a strong position. When you're taking out more loans to pay off earlier ones, then you might be in a bit of trouble..

If you're really in over your head then you can always try the share market or an insurance scam, though both aren't without risk. ;)

Anyway, hope you enjoy it, and let me know how you go.
Hamen
level1
level1

Postby Hamen » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:58 pm

How do you complete "establish effective laundry system" task? I have a room with all laundry requirements and corresponding workers who....um...work, so what gives?
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:02 pm

Hamen wrote:How do you complete "establish effective laundry system" task? I have a room with all laundry requirements and corresponding workers who....um...work, so what gives?

Working on this myself and a little confused but looking at the file you need to collect a random amount of dirty uniforms and create a random amount of plates need the dev to confirm this though.

Nice mod pak made me start playing again, just ahame laundry dont cause riots make it that bit harder.

Edit:
Or its x amount of dirty uniforms made so think about when they are showering and throwing them to the ground to be collected.
-------------
just done it lol
Last edited by Xoligy on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hamen
level1
level1

Postby Hamen » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:06 pm

Thanks a lot man.
Hamen
level1
level1

Postby Hamen » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Next question,

How do I grow investor's trust?
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:32 am

How do I grow investor's trust?

The idea behind dividends and investments is that you outlay a fixed amount of cash, but with no guarantee of when [and sometimes if] it will give returns, similar to real life investments.
Also, like real-life, investments generate returns when certain unpredictable 'market' events occur. In Prison Architect terms, The investment generates returns when a certain quantity of a certain object, material or staff has been met.
The bigger the investment the bigger the rewards, but more of these 'market conditions' have to align before the payout.

Each requirement for an investment has a cryptic name, which has no bearing on the actual objective. For example 'Growing investor confidence' might depend on the number of fences you have, or it could be the number of chefs you have employed (or anything else). It is up to you to work out what it is tied to. Sometimes it will be tied to objects that fluctuate, such as the number of number plates (which resets each night), or clean clothes.

Tips to getting your investment to generate returns:
. Keep an eye on the investment completion percentage as you build/hire. If it changes then you're onto a good thing.
. Some items you can narrow down using percentages. For example, if an investment is 33% complete, then you can be fairly sure it's an item you have already bought one of, and that three are required (or you've bought 3 and 9 are required etc..).
. Similarly, if an investment is at 0% that can make things even easier. Just buy some items [or hire staff] you haven't already placed.

If you _really_ get stuck then I can help you out if you copy/paste your GFC_SEED (from grants.lua) here.

Good luck!
Last edited by paktsardines on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:06 am

How do you complete "establish effective laundry system" task?

Sorry, missed this earlier.

I'm pretty sure the Employment Deployment grant requires:
1. A somewhat randomized quantity (varies per download) of number plates produced in one day.
2. A somewhat randomized quantity (varies per download) of dirty uniforms produced in one day (this is the indicator of a functioning laundry).

The tricky bit is that each of these quantities resets at midnight, so you'll have to achieve both in the same day to complete the grant. ;)

If you're having trouble, try to grow your prison a little more to ensure enough dirty uniforms and number plates exist at the same time.

Return to “General”