Prison Architect: Global Financial Crisis Mod v1.04 Alpha 16

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

paktsardines
level5
level5

Re: Prison Architect: Global Financial Crisis Mod v1.03 Alph

Postby paktsardines » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:10 am

Apologies for the delay. Alpha 15 version (1.03) is now available from the top of the thread.

Please note that due to some issues this version _does not_ use the new modding system. This means it will almost certainly not work alongside other mods. It also needs to be installed in the same manner as mods pre alpha15. Specifically:

Installation: Extract the 'data' folder from the GFC mod zip file and copy it to your prison architect installation folder
Uninstall: Remove the 'data' folder from your prison architect installation folder.

Feedback is welcome as always. Cheers.
Last edited by paktsardines on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
WISD0MTREE
level1
level1

Postby WISD0MTREE » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:48 am

I am having a hard time finding the file to put it in. Can anyone help (Windows 8 with Steam)?
AKVA
level0

Postby AKVA » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:15 am

WISD0MTREE wrote:I am having a hard time finding the file to put it in. Can anyone help (Windows 8 with Steam)?

Open file "main.dat" in the Winrar or 7 Zip and extract all files in the folder "Data". Then delete main.dat. Put all files from mod archive to the folder "Data". Run the game.
Not sure that this will work on Steam version, but you may try.
AKVA
level0

Postby AKVA » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:35 am

paktsardines wrote:Alpha 15 version (1.03) is now available from the top of the thread.

Thanks a lot mate for your work :)
I just considered that some grant's goals are completed without physical building some things.
I mean there is a grant with a goal to build 3 solitary rooms. I just marked the area as solitary, surrounded in by walls, and put a door (job was queued, wall were built but door was not "installed") and grant's goal was marked as completed...
And the second thing. I am the new user of your mod :) And I was completely confused when I built half of my prison, and then started "State Land Lease" and "Outsource Design Decisions" grants. And there is no hint that I should start it before planning my prison, so for me it's impossible to complete them now :) And I could not cancel them. So my solution was to edit "mysave.prison" file and delete these grants :) So I don't know how, but there should be the information that if I want to take these grants it's better to start them before planning my prison.
WISD0MTREE
level1
level1

Postby WISD0MTREE » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:24 pm

AKVA wrote:
WISD0MTREE wrote:I am having a hard time finding the file to put it in. Can anyone help (Windows 8 with Steam)?

Open file "main.dat" in the Winrar or 7 Zip and extract all files in the folder "Data". Then delete main.dat. Put all files from mod archive to the folder "Data". Run the game.
Not sure that this will work on Steam version, but you may try.

Thanks! :D
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:48 am

. I am the new user of your mod :) And I was completely confused when I built half of my prison, and then started "State Land Lease" and "Outsource Design Decisions" grants. And there is no hint that I should start it before planning my prison, so for me it's impossible to complete them now :) And I could not cancel them.

This is intentional and, as the readme states, starting them before you complete cell block A is cheating :P Land leasing and outsourcing might bring in the cash, but as a trade-off you may have to redesign parts of your prison.

Open file "main.dat" in the Winrar or 7 Zip and extract all files in the folder "Data". Then delete main.dat.

It is much easier to simply unzip the GFC mod zip file and move the 'data' folder into the prison architect installation directory.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Re: Prison Architect: Global Financial Crisis Mod v1.04 Alph

Postby paktsardines » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi guys, the alpha 16 version of the GFC mod is now available from the top of the thread.

I've not yet played alpha 16 enough to know how income from trees will affect the mod difficulty. There will likely be an update later in the month to address the balancing once I've played a few more games.

Feedback welcome etc..

Oh, and Happy new year.

edit: If you've previously been running v1.03 with alpha 15 then you'll [probably] need to remove/rename the 'data' folder in your prison architect installation folder.
WISD0MTREE
level1
level1

Re: Prison Architect: Global Financial Crisis Mod v1.04 Alph

Postby WISD0MTREE » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:13 pm

Why didn't you keep the EA executives? WHY????

Return to “General”