Prison Architect: Global Financial Crisis Mod v1.04 Alpha 16

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Holyshrine
level1
level1

Postby Holyshrine » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:33 am

Fixed one objective... for some reason i had no janitors... leaves the last one which should be an object.

Might it be a problem that grants.lua has "Showerhead" instead of "ShowerHead" in it?
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:36 pm

Version 1.01 of the GFC Mod is now available at the top of the thread. In particular this version adds:
    - Alpha 13 compatability
    - Improved room requirements (storage must be indoors etc...)
    - Pricier lawyers replace 'contracts' bureaucracy.
    - More balancing of prices & payouts.

Good luck! ;)

edit: Poll-ified for 1 week.

Holyshrine> Fixed the showhead typo this release, but I think you need dirty prisoner uniforms...
Last edited by paktsardines on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:43 pm

Will have a butchers, when i can be bothered to walk to the pc... *looks at pc* still too far lol

edit:
Quick question pak, how is the interior design grant decided? (placement and what to build) just curious because i dont like what i got haha (massive morgue, security office ontop of the land lease grant and a kitchen just curious gonna attempt it)

This was the last one i made... : http://oi41.tinypic.com/qq94z7.jpg

Believe it was Kitchen, Holding cell and shower last time (which got demolished) i kept teh holding cell and kitchen though ;)

Edit:
Suggestion for teh mod again...
Common room must be made, requires some tvs maybe a phone or two and some pool tables just trying make it harder :P
Last edited by Xoligy on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holyshrine
level1
level1

Postby Holyshrine » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:15 am

paktsardines wrote:

Holyshrine> Fixed the showhead typo this release, but I think you need dirty prisoner uniforms...

I'll see if i can find any of those... never saw a % indicator at all so far so... its a bit odd :)
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:25 am

Quick question pak, how is the interior design grant decided? (placement and what to build) just curious because i dont like what i got.

Um.. well, I'd like to say it looks at a whole lot of competing factors, analyses your play style and determines the ideal placement for the ideal room. But, yeah, um... it's mostly random really.

It picks a somewhat random room type from a list and picks a 'mostly annoying' random location to build it, being careful not to overlap with other outsourced zones. 'Mostly annoying' is described in the make_random_zone() function of grants.lua, if you want more details. :)

Common room must be made, requires some tvs maybe a phone or two and some pool tables just trying make it harder

Yep, good idea. Will add it to the list for next release. Cheers.
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:31 am

Well, it overlapped in my game (land lease and out source design) and so far every time i started a new game its never been random so i guess its just random once?
Thanks for the heads up anyway, if im not too tired tomorrow i'll make another attempt at doing it with alpha 13 all my other attempts ended in disaster one i was out of money without prisoners -.- guess i built too big too fast :P

Thanks again!
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:37 am

so i guess its just random once

Yeah... Each dowload is different, but each time you play that download you'll get the same interest rates, zone locations etc.

To get a different 'version', either download it again or change GFC_SEED near the top of grants.lua.

Well, it overlapped in my game

Not with other outsourced zones ;) . Finish the land lease grant first and then you can complete the outsource grant.
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:40 am

Cheers will try it out might be my issue, i do grab loads then complete them when i can.
Argelle
level1
level1

Postby Argelle » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:39 pm

Hello, I'm new to Prison Architect, so I should not have tried your mod, but anyway it looked nice to have grants for the mid and end game.
I'm struggling with money, from the beginning (like I have to wait to get a miserable 1000 bucks at midlight). It may be me but I have to be sure : shall ALL the grants in your mod now be at 0$ at the beginning (and a miserable amount at the end - upon completion) ?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =174910828

PS: don't get this as a criticism, (1) I'm new at this game (2) I'm not an english native (3) your mod is a very nice addition to the vanilla game :)
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:01 pm

Argelle wrote:Hello, I'm new to Prison Architect, so I should not have tried your mod, but anyway it looked nice to have grants for the mid and end game.
I'm struggling with money, from the beginning (like I have to wait to get a miserable 1000 bucks at midlight). It may be me but I have to be sure : shall ALL the grants in your mod now be at 0$ at the beginning (and a miserable amount at the end - upon completion) ?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =174910828

PS: don't get this as a criticism, (1) I'm new at this game (2) I'm not an english native (3) your mod is a very nice addition to the vanilla game :)

Hi Argelle,

I will be honest with you, this mod is not really designed for new players of this game but more for those that have a little bit of experience and find the game abit too easy. The mod is called Global Financial Crisis meaning, the price of everything is higher adn game play is made harder.

If i may with your being a newer player can i suggest this mod: http://forums.introversion.co.uk/prison ... php?t=4069 it has additional grants that make the game alot easier for beginners, and you will not be struggling with cash flow. (If you use that mod then please post any questions you have about it, in his thread Also note i have never used the mod i have opsted too, but i know it will be easier than this mod ;) )
Argelle
level1
level1

Postby Argelle » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:45 pm

:D Thanks for pointing out to this other mod, I'll try it instead !
(you have to admitt, 0$ grant is a bit harsh ;-) even if the money on completion may cover the expenses..)
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:40 pm

Argelle wrote:(you have to admitt, 0$ grant is a bit harsh ;-) even if the money on completion may cover the expenses..)

The mod was designed to be hard and as a user of the mod i have to say no its not harsh it just adds a well deserved challenge to the game for those that are use to the game ;)
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:09 am

Thanks Xoligy! :)
phonoflux
level0

Re: Prison Architect: Global Financial Crisis Mod v1.01 Alph

Postby phonoflux » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:37 am

Heya

Fully enjoyed playing this mod, finally got to the end today and was able to complete all grants except the two lawyer related ones about fires... couldn't figure out what those were, any hints?

Do I have to have a fire start? Anywho much appreciated! :)
paktsardines
level5
level5

Re: Prison Architect: Global Financial Crisis Mod v1.01 Alph

Postby paktsardines » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:24 am

Great, glad you liked it, and congratulations - it's not easy!

The insurance policies are just that. You don't necessarily 'win' them as such, but if your prison catches fire you get compensated. That said, you can always fuel the flames yourself, if you're that way inclined. ;)

The bigger the insurance policy, the bigger the payout but the bigger the fire will need to be.

Return to “General”