LETS SHAKE EM DOWN!!!

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:20 pm

I have to wonder about the local police that are dropping the prisoner off at your prison. Handcuffs, check; leg irons, check; orange jumpsuit, check; loaded shotgun, hmmm, check.
Jackdapantyrip
level3
level3

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:49 pm

A thing I don't like about prisoners smuggling in weapons from the outside is that they would've been processed at the jail/courthouse already..

Small items and drugs yeah but a shotgun come on..
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:23 am

The oddest item for me so far is a doglead.

They've not even introduced sniffers yet & my prisoners are trying to steal them :P
RuneRifle
level0

Postby RuneRifle » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:32 pm

My prison wasn't that big after the update, so I did a shakedown (which is effective when they're asleep, all in their own cells with no-one being able to cause a huge riot). I had 5 guards running around and took about 2 ingame hours. I noticed after that shakedown, that most of it was being smuggled in my the front door. There are now metal detectors in place there. A few days later I did another shakedown, and more stuff came in through visitation. Metal detectors fixed at least the metal items. My workshop also has metal detectors in place. There's not much contraband in my prison even now, with a capacity of 68 prisoners (not counting the holding cell with 5 beds).

Most shakedowns revealed just some cigs, a fork or a mop here and there, maybe a drill and some drugs. Every now and then I do catch a gun and twice even jail keys (damn sloppy guards!). My most recent big find was a gun, but that was not with a shakedown. I rarely get any weapons on a shakedown because my metal detectors catch everything, although there might be a fork here and there stolen from the canteen.

Shakedown does take a while when your prison lags really bad though.. Even though it's only 198 places.

If you keep your prisoners well treated, even a full shakedown can't get them to riot :)

Edit: Just found a hose.. well that's the thing you would want to smuggle into a prison.. :D
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:10 pm

Jackdapantyrip wrote:A thing I don't like about prisoners smuggling in weapons from the outside is that they would've been processed at the jail/courthouse already..

Small items and drugs yeah but a shotgun come on..

It's quite funny, but I have to agree. Not sure it makes sense for prisoners to be coming to the prison with so much contraband on them. For now, placing metal detectors on the prison entrance is all you need. Of course this means a good amount of prisoners are excorted to their cell, and then immediately placed in lockdown upon arrival. Nice friendly lockdown for your first 30 min here. Welcome. 8)

Return to “General”