A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Keksus
level0

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

Postby Keksus » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:36 am

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/613 ... 0BB1DA1EB/

I think that Screenshot should already be enough to describe what I mean: If you do nothing at all the game just keeps going and your prisoners won't riot at all. They will just stand there, waiting. And you still get money. Maybe there is a deeper meaning behind this I don't understand. But maybe it's just a balancing problem.
shovat
level2
level2

Postby shovat » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:29 am

Depends what you mean by winning I guess.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:36 am

Well, if you want to choose a competitive win condition, doing nothing gets the best prison value easily. How do you beat a guy who's getting that huge a no-incidents bonus?
shovat
level2
level2

Postby shovat » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:47 am

Mas Tnega wrote:Well, if you want to choose a competitive win condition, doing nothing gets the best prison value easily. How do you beat a guy who's getting that huge a no-incidents bonus?

one day of license plates would be my strategy.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Re: A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

Postby thekillergreece » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:14 am

Keksus wrote:http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/613897969474435570/C620DC545FD6B57D7A2A0AEA6D6E8430BB1DA1EB/

I think that Screenshot should already be enough to describe what I mean: If you do nothing at all the game just keeps going and your prisoners won't riot at all. They will just stand there, waiting. And you still get money. Maybe there is a deeper meaning behind this I don't understand. But maybe it's just a balancing problem.

And then you get bored...I think Chris MUST-MUST-MUST add Prisoner die from starvation, not enough sleep and any other reasons of deaths.

Ex: If you wont find them cell or holding cell, and they stand there for 3-4 days, they will die from starvation, not enough sleep and other reasons of deaths. This should give you a penalty: Lose 1.000 for not taking care of a prisoner.
Kolchak
level2
level2

Postby Kolchak » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:23 am

Since the non-story mode is usually referred to as Sandbox mode, I can see why there is no 'winning' at the moment.

That said, I would welcome some additional opportunities to fail. These could be: a larger than 50% escape within 24hrs, the implementation of inspections (every 7 days or so) and failure if two (maybe three) consecutive inspections fail, some form of bankruptcy, etc.

I'm not so sure I would want to win (as opposed to carrying on ad nauseum), although an 'objective mode' could be added for those who wanted to. A certain amount of released prisoners, a certain daily income (when workshop profit is finally accounted for), etc. could all be ways of winning - though I feel winning would be much less fun!

Return to “General”