Suggestions; Genders & Fixing up the users' typos

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Which of the suggestions would you like to see?

1. Genders for prisoners
31%
2. Fixing of typos/grammar
20%
Both
26%
Neither
23%

Total votes: 65
iScripters
level2
level2

Postby iScripters » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:33 pm

bluestrike15 wrote:I dont see the advantage of having different genders. All i can think of is that they will look different. After that the prisoners will act the same as their male counterparts.

What if you were to build a woman's wing in your prison and make sure the males don't get too handsy after being locked up for so long? (but very subtle.. im not thinking stuff that would make this game 18+)
WolfishWolf
level0

Postby WolfishWolf » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:49 am

Honestly, mixed gender prisons shouldn't happen. Simply because in real life they would never exist. However, if you could choose at the start if you want to start a male or female prison that could be cool. As for grammatical errors: the game is in alpha and it shouldn't be a priority to fix it all yet. Obviously, I expect proper English when the full release happens.
WolfishWolf
level0

Postby WolfishWolf » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:54 am

iScripters wrote:
bluestrike15 wrote:I dont see the advantage of having different genders. All i can think of is that they will look different. After that the prisoners will act the same as their male counterparts.

What if you were to build a woman's wing in your prison and make sure the males don't get too handsy after being locked up for so long? (but very subtle.. im not thinking stuff that would make this game 18+)

It doesn't make sense to build a "women's wing" in a male prison because rape and sexist attitudes (from both genders) would be rampant and be extremely stupid, dangerous, and hard to manage.
iScripters
level2
level2

Postby iScripters » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:06 am

WolfishWolf wrote:
iScripters wrote:

It doesn't make sense to build a "women's wing" in a male prison because rape and sexist attitudes (from both genders) would be rampant and be extremely stupid, dangerous, and hard to manage.

You mean a challenge, for pro wardens?
RuneRifle
level0

Postby RuneRifle » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:56 pm

There are prisons that hold both men and women.. But the parts are strictly separated.

It would be fun to see prisons with both genders, even if rape is a possibility, because then you will have to create 2 different parts and designate them to men and women seperately.
freedomispopular
level0

Postby freedomispopular » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:39 am

I don't really care for the idea adding females if it's just for the sake of satisfying what I'm assuming is a very small subset of people playing the game. Not that I don't care about our fellow female gamers (quite the contrary), but if females are just randomly mixed in, I feel that that would be very immersion-breaking. Though I guess maybe having the option to have an all-female prison could work too, if only for the aesthetics of it.

Now what would be a cool idea would be to have female prisoners added to the mix (maybe add an option at the beginning?), with perhaps some subtle nuances in their AI that would make them act differently and have differing needs from their male counterparts, which could then add the challenge of dealing with separate male/female facilities and potential male/female interaction (sexual assault, rape, pregnancies, etc.). That being said, I feel like adding such "sensitive" subjects to the game would cause all the negative Nancy's to pour out of the woodwork, creating a steady stream of negative PR for the game and for Introversion. If Introversion is prepared to deal with and/or doesn't care about said negative publicity, I think it could add some cool dynamics to the game. If not, I won't really feel like the game is missing a whole lot.

Return to “General”