So I just recreated my prison in Minecraft and ..

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Jasonmm92
level1
level1

So I just recreated my prison in Minecraft and ..

Postby Jasonmm92 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:42 pm

So I just recreated my prison in Minecraft and .. boy does it look rough.

This single floor stuff , as much as I love love love this game , I am not sure I will ever be happy till we have more than one floor.

Save us for single floor hell please !!

thanks Jay
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:28 pm

The correct place for discussing feature suggestions is the dev forum, which can be accessed by following the directions that were sent to you when you bought the game (if you bought direct from IV), or by linking your Steam key to your forum account. Once you do that, a quick search of the forums will reveal that multi-storied prisons have been discussed at length in several topics.

The basic summary is as follows:

As far as anyone can tell, there are no plans to ever implement multiple floors. In terms of gameplay, extra stories offer more area upon which to build---a functionality that is taken by the ability to buy land. Multiple stories represent something of a UI problem, and likely would be hard to get correct from a visual standpoint, given the current state of the game. Neither problem is unsurmountable, but, lacking a good reason implement multiple stories, are sufficient enough to not bother.

xander

Return to “General”