Laundry Stuff

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Voltcult
level0

Laundry Stuff

Postby Voltcult » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:58 am

I complained about Laundry a lot, I have also found out that you need to have Work regime more than 9 hours, for your laundry to function properly,

When work ends your prisoner leaves your Laundry Basket on the dirty path of prisoner footsteps... sad Basket, and you cannot remove the Basket... you just have to wait for the next Laundry regime for them to garbage the Basket clothes, or they might continue the job with the basket.

It sucks, I just hope they make the Prisoner's Speed way more faster and the Laundry Basket speed faster, and the Ironing faster, so Laundry can take atleast Four Work Hours,

By the way, bad Idea to create a large prison or a medium prison, because It will take days for the whole prison to have new clothes.
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Re: Laundry Stuff

Postby HerrJoebob » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:00 am

Voltcult wrote:I complained about Laundry a lot, I have also found out that you need to have Work regime more than 9 hours, for your laundry to function properly,

When work ends your prisoner leaves your Laundry Basket on the dirty path of prisoner footsteps... sad Basket, and you cannot remove the Basket... you just have to wait for the next Laundry regime for them to garbage the Basket clothes, or they might continue the job with the basket.

It sucks, I just hope they make the Prisoner's Speed way more faster and the Laundry Basket speed faster, and the Ironing faster, so Laundry can take atleast Four Work Hours,

By the way, bad Idea to create a large prison or a medium prison, because It will take days for the whole prison to have new clothes.

Have you tried Alpha 11 at all? Most problems seem to be resolved there...
Voltcult
level0

Postby Voltcult » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:55 pm

I don't think Laundry was bugged at all, execpt for the dirty laundry left everywhere... It was just because Laundry takes to long.
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:53 am

Prisoners only need to change clothes every 2 days or so so it taking a couple of days to do a full turnaround is not a terrible thing.
Check Six
level2
level2

Postby Check Six » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:16 pm

I still haven't been able to get anyone to work in the laundry, and I don't know why. I have designated the room as such, given it a gen pop access level, have equipped it with washing machines, ironing boards, and laundry baskets, but the deployment menu won't let me assign jobs there. I have prisoners working on cleaning duty, and some in the kitchen, but my laundry doesn't work.

Perhaps it has been fixed in Alpha 11, but I'm still running with my Alpha 10 designed prison, hoping to make it work (or at least work out what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do differently to make it more efficient, safer, or more secure etc).

Any ideas guys? (Apart from starting a new prison - I will do that soon, but I'm fine tuning at the moment).
Steve

Member of the Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

http://www.ww1aero.org.au/
pseud
level0

Postby pseud » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:19 am

Check Six wrote:I still haven't been able to get anyone to work in the laundry, and I don't know why. I have designated the room as such, given it a gen pop access level, have equipped it with washing machines, ironing boards, and laundry baskets, but the deployment menu won't let me assign jobs there. I have prisoners working on cleaning duty, and some in the kitchen, but my laundry doesn't work.

Perhaps it has been fixed in Alpha 11, but I'm still running with my Alpha 10 designed prison, hoping to make it work (or at least work out what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do differently to make it more efficient, safer, or more secure etc).

Any ideas guys? (Apart from starting a new prison - I will do that soon, but I'm fine tuning at the moment).

I have this problem with both the laundry and cleaning jobs. Room has all the furnishings it needs but I can't assign anyone to the room via the deployment menu, simpy because the deployment menu won't let me select the room to assign jobs to it at all. It doesn't even display that it has jobs available in the room.
ljason8eg
level0

Postby ljason8eg » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:20 am

pseud wrote:
Check Six wrote:I still haven't been able to get anyone to work in the laundry, and I don't know why. I have designated the room as such, given it a gen pop access level, have equipped it with washing machines, ironing boards, and laundry baskets, but the deployment menu won't let me assign jobs there. I have prisoners working on cleaning duty, and some in the kitchen, but my laundry doesn't work.

I have this problem with both the laundry and cleaning jobs. Room has all the furnishings it needs but I can't assign anyone to the room via the deployment menu, simpy because the deployment menu won't let me select the room to assign jobs to it at all. It doesn't even display that it has jobs available in the room.

I have this same problem. Cannot assign any jobs to either of these two rooms.
TheJD
level0

Postby TheJD » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:26 pm

I had this problem as well when I created my laundry room as a section of my workshop. It apparently needs to be in it's own room with a door attached to it. I believe someone mentioned else where that the room needs to be touching all 4 walls.
UrbaniEnrico
level0

Postby UrbaniEnrico » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:04 pm

I'm on alpha 11 and still can't assign prisoners to the laundry job. I just hope it get's fixed in alpha 12 :)
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:40 am

UrbaniEnrico wrote:I'm on alpha 11 and still can't assign prisoners to the laundry job. I just hope it get's fixed in alpha 12 :)

Must be a use error I'm afraid. Laundry works fine most of the time. Make sure room is closed off by doors or it won't be recognized as a closed off workspace.

Return to “General”