Vehicle ideas

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Jackdapantyrip
level4
level4

Vehicle ideas

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:30 pm

A taxi cab to pick up newly released prisoners.
Limo/sports car for the crime bosses.
Ice cream truck - If temperature gets added to the game.. Elevation added also (sports related)
Bbq truck for employee holidays / event revenue?

A parking lot with employee and visitor vehicles? (Guard parking sure gets hit by a lot of baseballs who designed this prison..)
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:49 pm

None of them feature in real life prisons.

But...taxi cab?Well..If we knew if prison is near a large town, then there should be sometimes taxi cab

Sport cars are for crime bosses?Let me understand..In sand box mode, weekly should be a boss with his criminal arrive to prison and massacre kill any guard they see and free every prisoner?If so, would be bad idea and guards will immediately be useless to stop bosses and Chris will be forced to add the ability for guards to be able to kill, which is hard.

Ice cream?This is not The sims 3

Holiday?Or at least add air conditioner and see how riot will break if not air conditioner added and prisoners are having hot climate there..
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:48 am

Ice cream truck

What could possibly go wrong?

"I'll just let Jake 'The Ripper' O'Neal out the front gates for a moment to get an icecream..."
Jackdapantyrip
level4
level4

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:13 am

paktsardines wrote:
Ice cream truck

"I'll just let Jake 'The Ripper' O'Neal out the front gates for a moment to get an icecream..."

Exactly.. Put some guards out there if you're a hard ass.. Or have the ice cream men bring it in.. I'm sure the prisoners agitation would go down though if the warden trusted them enough to go outside and get an ice cream once in awhile.. good behavior gets you perks you know..
CplHenderson
level2
level2

Postby CplHenderson » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:54 am

Or you could do what any normal prison would do if they wanted to treat prisoners to ice cream - order it in and serve it in the Canteen.

Actually, that's a good idea. Comfort food and snacks! Keeps mood high, expensive, good deterrent (if you misbehave, no ice cream).
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:49 am

Jackdapantyrip wrote:
paktsardines wrote:
Ice cream truck

Exactly.. Put some guards out there if you're a hard ass.. Or have the ice cream men bring it in.. I'm sure the prisoners agitation would go down though if the warden trusted them enough to go outside and get an ice cream once in awhile.. good behavior gets you perks you know..

Go ask EA to make an expansion about making Prison like they did on resort...This is not the sims 3.

The worst idea is the ice cream and truck for employee holiday.

This is not the sims 3, this is Prison Architect. So Hard to spell it?
Check Six
level2
level2

Postby Check Six » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:38 pm

Jackdapantyrip wrote:
paktsardines wrote:
Ice cream truck

Or..

Conversely, on a REALLY hot day, the warden places a call, and the icecream van drives by playing "Greensleaves" and NOT STOPPING! It would drive them wild.
Steve

Member of the Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

http://www.ww1aero.org.au/
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:46 pm

Check Six wrote:Conversely, on a REALLY hot day, the warden places a call, and the icecream van drives by playing "Greensleaves" and NOT STOPPING! It would drive them wild.

A tangentially related question: it is the middle of July. It is 95 degrees out (Fahrenheit, you commie-pinko-nazi-fascist-anti-democratic-monarchist-European scum!). Why in the hell does the stupid ice cream truck drive by playing JINGLE BELLS!? WHY! STAB! STAB! STABBITY STAB STAB STAB!

On a side note, most prisons (rather than jails) tend to be somewhat removed from any residential communities. An ice cream truck just doesn't make any sense. Who is the driver selling frozen treats to?

xander
ShoujinZeraf
level0

Postby ShoujinZeraf » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:01 pm

If anything, the ice cream truck is overkill. If it was deliveries of ice cream to the prison, then maybe, but that's what the supply truck is for.

On an aside, I think it'd be smarter if the cover of the supply truck was covered. That way, the rendering happens when the truck stops and the items get unloaded from the back of the truck, which we won't have to see - I think everyone already knows what they're getting as it is. Unless Chris did that before and it went sideways. I dunno.

Definitely think we need a court services convoy bringing the prisoners to the convoy. A supply truck seems a little Hollywood cliche.

I agree with the taxi or at least family sedan... Crime bosses are hard enough to get in real life... Unless you're suggesting that the Low Risks are the ones more likely to have the limos. They're the counterfeiters and all that.
Jackdapantyrip
level4
level4

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:53 am

Check Six wrote:
Jackdapantyrip wrote:
paktsardines wrote:
Ice cream truck

Or..

Conversely, on a REALLY hot day, the warden places a call, and the icecream van drives by playing "Greensleaves" and NOT STOPPING! It would drive them wild.

:) Maybe run a road with fences right through the yard..

ShoujinZeraf wrote:If anything, the ice cream truck is overkill. If it was deliveries of ice cream to the prison, then maybe, but that's what the supply truck is for.

On an aside, I think it'd be smarter if the cover of the supply truck was covered. That way, the rendering happens when the truck stops and the items get unloaded from the back of the truck, which we won't have to see - I think everyone already knows what they're getting as it is. Unless Chris did that before and it went sideways. I dunno.

Definitely think we need a court services convoy bringing the prisoners to the convoy. A supply truck seems a little Hollywood cliche.

I agree with the taxi or at least family sedan... Crime bosses are hard enough to get in real life... Unless you're suggesting that the Low Risks are the ones more likely to have the limos. They're the counterfeiters and all that.

Yeah the rendering is an interesting suggestion. I would say the sports car would be a low % event. Just kind of fun to see when some guy, who you've had fun getting to know, gets picked up in something nice.
Jonas_Thomas
level0

Postby Jonas_Thomas » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:55 am

Hahahah, yes :-)
jennyanderson732
level0

Re: Vehicle ideas

Postby jennyanderson732 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:35 am

I really like your vehicle ideas. It is so interesting, thanks for sharing this with us. This features will be amazing.

Airline Limo Toronto
smomarket
level0

Postby smomarket » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:01 pm

Actually, that's a good idea. Comfort food and snacks!
jennyanderson732
level0

Postby jennyanderson732 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:04 am

Last edited by jennyanderson732 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General”