Few major bugs in alpha 11

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

RaPiiD38
level0

Few major bugs in alpha 11

Postby RaPiiD38 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:56 pm

Hey guys I have been playing it for a while now and these are some bugs that need to be fixed asap:

¬Firstly only one canteen gets food trays even if I make multiple kitchens my max security prisoners eat while my min security prisoners starve.

¬Secondly if I do not give max security a yard they will go through staff only and min sec areas to get to one all the while guards are happily opening the doors for them I assume this would happen for other things such as showers etc.

¬Thirdly guards that aren't stationed all go to the morgue and then get stuck until someone wants the front door open.

¬Fourth the power with enough capacitors on seems to run a gigantic prison however when connected to a workshop it cuts off and even if I sever that connection so it does not attempt to provide power it will still turn off instantly when I turn it on and it ends up being barely able to run 2 lights with 12 capacitors.

Otherwise a great game have any of you experienced these and do you have ideas or solutions to fix them?
The workshop one is especially annoying.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:15 pm

This is not the developer forum. Bugs should be reported in the bug tracker. That said, most of those aren't bugs and are problems with the way you're playing the game. You will get more help in the Developer forum.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Re: Few major bugs in alpha 11

Postby MAdMaN » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:17 pm

RaPiiD38 wrote:¬Firstly only one canteen gets food trays even if I make multiple kitchens my max security prisoners eat while my min security prisoners starve.

¬Secondly if I do not give max security a yard they will go through staff only and min sec areas to get to one all the while guards are happily opening the doors for them I assume this would happen for other things such as showers etc.

Different security levels only work for cells. All other rooms are shared.

RaPiiD38 wrote:¬Fourth the power with enough capacitors on seems to run a gigantic prison however when connected to a workshop it cuts off and even if I sever that connection so it does not attempt to provide power it will still turn off instantly when I turn it on and it ends up being barely able to run 2 lights with 12 capacitors.

You did switch the capacitors on before switching on the generator, didn't you?
RaPiiD38
level0

Postby RaPiiD38 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:24 pm

Different security levels only work for cells. All other rooms are shared.

Oh I see in that case I would suggest they change that.
You did switch the capacitors on before switching on the generator, didn't you?

No I thought they were on automatically thanks :D[/quote]
TooDAMNMuch
level1
level1

Postby TooDAMNMuch » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:40 pm

honestly on changing the security levels assignment i can't agree more, this feature seems like such a good way to control which available paths the AI uses to get to it's destination.
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:13 pm

TooDAMNMuch wrote:honestly on changing the security levels assignment i can't agree more, this feature seems like such a good way to control which available paths the AI uses to get to it's destination.

I agree, ive been wanting to do segmented areas for ages so i devised a plan and set upa prison with all types of prisoners 3 laundry rooms and thought to myself "ive cracked this!" then i had min sec working in max sec and them all running to the first laundry room for clean clothing lol
stealthwang
level0

Postby stealthwang » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:21 am

i think it's really limiting to have a single canteen

there ideally shouldn't be any required unique areas other than the front doors / offices - a fully modularized prison divided to into very clear "security" levels is my ideal, but is impossible if many common rooms are shared.

Return to “General”