colored flooring ?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Jasonmm92
level1
level1
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:21 pm

Postby Jasonmm92 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:32 pm

Check Six wrote:Despite whether you use concrete tiles or marble flooring or white tiles for floors, this is a good idea...to be able to put lines on the floor which prisoners and visitors must adhere to, to direct them to areas where they must go etc. It would also prevent mobs of prisoners all attempting to get into the canteen or showers etc, and they will wait in an orderly line, or suffer the consequences.

It does not mean that you will have to replace the entire line of 1 x 1 concrete tiles with red concrete tiles, I think just a simple thin red line that you are able to overlay (for example in the deployment screen, the same way a guard's patrol is defined). It would then appear on the flooring that you have chosen for this particular area.

A very good idea I think.


I think this is the best example of what I was thinking.
Xoligy
level3
level3
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:34 am

Postby Xoligy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:35 pm

xander wrote:Your own arguments contradict themselves!


So because i disagree with you and say i like how my prison looks "prison like" im contradicting myself? Or are you just putting words into my mouth because you disagree with me? I'll take the latter...

Anyway, i would normally respond to your questions and give better examples but i see no point when people are just going to make rubbish up and put words into my mouth, also can you please notify all the governments and road agency's and tell them they are setting up the roads wrong for everyone? You say single file is "faster" so multi-lane roads must be slowing people down, no?

Anyway im out of this thread but will load out "one" of my max security hell holes that has no issues.
Jasonmm92
level1
level1
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:21 pm

Postby Jasonmm92 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:58 pm

Xoligy wrote:
xander wrote:Your own arguments contradict themselves!


So because i disagree with you and say i like how my prison looks "prison like" im contradicting myself? Or are you just putting words into my mouth because you disagree with me? I'll take the latter...

Anyway, i would normally respond to your questions and give better examples but i see no point when people are just going to make rubbish up and put words into my mouth, also can you please notify all the governments and road agency's and tell them they are setting up the roads wrong for everyone? You say single file is "faster" so multi-lane roads must be slowing people down, no?

Anyway im out of this thread but will load out "one" of my max security hell holes that has no issues.


funny thing is , I haven't even had a chance to read what you wrote , I just liked the words this guy used to describe my idea

just so you know ,goto any in the world prisons and you will see lines painted on the concrete , just saying

now I will read your posts ...

thanks J
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:13 pm

Xoligy wrote:So because i disagree with you and say i like how my prison looks "prison like" im contradicting myself? Or are you just putting words into my mouth because you disagree with me? I'll take the latter...

In previous posts you seem to be making the argument that grass and concrete are perfect because that is more "prison like" (I would note that not all prisons are like that---a quick search will reveal lots of minimum security prisons that look more like college dorms than the concrete hellholes that you prefer to build). Okay. Many prisons often have labeled routes for people to follow. Such routes are more "prison like." Thus you are contradicting yourself by saying, on the one hand, that you want to build more "prison like" prisons, yet on the other hand you don't even want the option of including a feature that is common in many prisons. Basically, either you are contradicting yourself, or I don't understand your objection. Perhaps you need to more clearly explain what your problem is?

Xoligy wrote:Anyway, i would normally respond to your questions and give better examples but i see no point when people are just going to make rubbish up and put words into my mouth, also can you please notify all the governments and road agency's and tell them they are setting up the roads wrong for everyone? You say single file is "faster" so multi-lane roads must be slowing people down, no?

Now who is putting words in other people's mouths? Please show me where I said paths that prisoners are supposed to follow would be faster. Please show me where I said that they would have to travel such paths in single file. I think that you are, perhaps, confusing me with someone else. I said that marked paths might help the game perform better, as in get people places in fewer CPU cycles, and that a well designed prison with paths should be just as efficient as a prison without paths in terms of meeting everyone's needs. I tried to be clear about that. I am sorry if I didn't communicate it well enough.

I would also note that you have still failed to address my primary point, which is: there are features in the game that you don't have to use. Suppose that a feature was introduced that allowed players to designate paths for their prisoners to follow. In what way would this negatively affect your ability to play the game? Why should such a feature be beyond consideration, when there is no downside for those that choose not to use the feature?

xander
Jasonmm92
level1
level1
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:21 pm

Postby Jasonmm92 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:35 pm

I just want to turn this ...

Image

into this ...

Image

I careless about 'seeing' the lines and more about staff/inmates/visitors following these guidelines when traveling in these areas. (or else!! like the other guy said.)

I really have no idea what is going on in this thread.

PS. I forgot a few lines but you get the point.
Last edited by Jasonmm92 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:41 pm

Jasonmm92 wrote:I really have no idea what your going on in this thread.

To whom are you responding?

xander
Jasonmm92
level1
level1
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:21 pm

Postby Jasonmm92 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:44 pm

xander wrote:
Jasonmm92 wrote:I really have no idea what your going on in this thread.

To whom are you responding?

xander


sorry bro , was just logging back on to fix that typo

Jay
Jasonmm92
level1
level1
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:21 pm

Postby Jasonmm92 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:46 pm

xander wrote:
Jasonmm92 wrote:I really have no idea what your going on in this thread.

To whom are you responding?

xander


btw I totally agree with you , that other guy just wants to fight it seems to me. Oh I see now , he never was really talking to me, lol geesh.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:38 pm

Jasonmm92 wrote:
xander wrote:
Jasonmm92 wrote:I really have no idea what your going on in this thread.

To whom are you responding?

xander


btw I totally agree with you , that other guy just wants to fight it seems to me. Oh I see now , he never was really talking to me, lol geesh.

Ah. I was worried that I was somehow saying exactly the opposite of what I thought I was saying. No worries. It all seems clear now. ;) The pictures, by the way, are exactly the way I see the concept working.

xander

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests