PA Alpha 11 Sprites/Images

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:14 am

Kolchak wrote:EDIT: Most important questions is, of course, why are bank robbers driving past prisons?

Because the bank's in that direction. ;-)
Check Six
level2
level2

Postby Check Six » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:29 pm

I think that the money truck might not be a campaign element, nor a back story of how someone got into the prison, but more than likely the payroll of the Warden, guards, doctors, cooks and other staff.
Bamwich
level1
level1

Postby Bamwich » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:01 am

No way - outside prison break!
CplHenderson
level2
level2

Postby CplHenderson » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:00 am

See, no matter how hard I think I can't imagine a campaign where you have to capture bank robbers. I mean, you're running a prison, not a police force.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:45 am

How about:Remove multiplayer

And add ZOMBIE MODE?Or simple survival..Hire guards to repel prisoner's attacks... ;)
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:00 am

Check Six
level2
level2

Postby Check Six » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:43 am

CplHenderson wrote:See, no matter how hard I think I can't imagine a campaign where you have to capture bank robbers. I mean, you're running a prison, not a police force.

Hmmm... Obviously, you've never seen an episode of CSI or CSI Miami or CSI New York. Despite being well paid and understaffed SCIENTISTS (who continually complain about their workload in the DNA lab) these guys are the first to jump into their Hummers, beat the Police Cruisers to the suspect's house, and draw their firearms and kick the doors down and arrest or shoot the suspects without waiting for backup.

That seems about right, doesn't it?

So...is capturing bank robbers as a prison architect or warden a bit far fetched? No, not at all.

Geez. My sarcasm meter just exploded.
fat_wilf
level1
level1

Postby fat_wilf » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:09 am

some interesting icons, including the guard searching with a torch (probably search cells option), library, church

THE BOTTOM ROW OF GREEN ICONS are REALLY interesting
L to R:
> Guard/sniper tower? (maybe armoury)
> (cleaning room)
> Cup = staff room?
> Cracked wall? indicates something to do with walls or maybe the terrain? ...curious (also looks a bit like a mountain)
> Exclamation point = NO FLIPPING IDEA!! even more curious now
> Knife = erm... knife throwing room??
Kolchak
level2
level2

Postby Kolchak » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:18 am

The knife is an interesting one ... I have heard that a contraband 'overlay' is being planned to allow you to see main sources of contraband, which inmates steal the most etc. However, if it was a button to open the overlay it would be in blue wouldn't it? Green suggests a room ... maybe guards will not be able to make contraband vanish anymore, they will have to put it in a disposal room and wait for the garbage trucks to take it away (all the whilst prisoners could break in an steal it back)?

Return to “General”