Laundry basket help

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

dudeer733
level0

Laundry basket help

Postby dudeer733 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:41 pm

My game is now rendered unplayable because I can no longer do laundry. In the jobs tab two jobs are un-doable. One states "Put clothing into laundry basket". The other states "Pick up laundry basket" where there is no basket. Both are un-doable due to "No path".

Here's my synopsis on the problem
red : The basket that should be loaded with clothes
blue : Location to the ghost basket (When I click on the job in the job tab it brings me here)
yellow : This door was recently moved up one block (It used to be behind the chair) I once spotted someone carting a basket into this room, then leaving.
Green : This door was recently placed. The basket was pushed endlessly into the door (No one would open the door for it), but no longer has a job tied to it.
indigo : This used to be a hollow 1x3 space. Maybe this threw off the path finding
http://i.imgur.com/fGfPpMa.jpg?1

This is my entire prison
http://i.imgur.com/C8xTaLE.jpg?1?3412

*edit Fixed the colours to be readable
Last edited by dudeer733 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Great Magical Hat
level3
level3

Postby Great Magical Hat » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:47 pm

*Post no longer relevant*

Thanks for fixing the colors.
Last edited by Great Magical Hat on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
god_chris
level1
level1

Postby god_chris » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:26 pm

May want to change the colour scheme of your 'synopsis' it doesn't make for easy reading :oops: but try un-registering the room as laundry, removing the jobs under deployment, then re-assaigning the room and its jobs again? If it is a pathfinding bug as you suggested, that might fix it :D
"is this the krusty crab" "NO THIS IS PATRICK"
dudeer733
level0

Postby dudeer733 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:08 am

I removed the jobs and removed the laundry area. The jobs didn't disappear from the ledger. When I remarked the laundry area the jobs stayed "No path".
Great Magical Hat
level3
level3

Postby Great Magical Hat » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:35 am

What "No Path" actually means is that the last time anyone tried there was no path. As such, it may take a while for it to get a new status on the planning. That said I can't see what the problem is with just this.

Could you upload a savegame? That way one can much better look at the problem and even verify their solution once they come up with it.
Alzeric
level1
level1

Postby Alzeric » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:40 am

Problem more then likely is the clothing, stuck in the walls. you can do a few different things here.

1.) Requires no download: Redesign your cells to not place a bed next to a T or a + section of wall. As Shovat pointed out in my Laundry Architect thread. Do the following or similar with your beds.

http://onebit.us/x/i/ZKP0Qsaa2i.jpg

2.) If you don't want to redesign your cellblocks you can use my Laundry Architect program to fix the laundry issues...for awhile until a official fix is pushed out to us all. Once Laundry is backed up again Save your prison, and run it back through Laundry Architect and reload the save again.

Laundry Architect Thread

Return to “General”