PA lags and crashes my windows 8 desktop

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Titanicrul
level0

PA lags and crashes my windows 8 desktop

Postby Titanicrul » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:37 am

So I am new to playing and this is the second day and it crashed again :( , I don't know whats causing this, also it lags very badly with anyone onscreen, I am just building the prison, what could be causing this? Help please the game looks super awesome.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:28 am

It's an alpha (the major development stage of computer game creation) and so hasn't been optimised yet.
Check Six
level2
level2

Postby Check Six » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:38 pm

When building a large foundation, my machine goes very slowly. Try taking smaller "bites" and giving your workers a smaller list of jobs to do. If you (for instance) select "Build foundation - building" and draw a 30 x 30 box, the workers will wait for materials to arrive, then head out slowly to their assigned workplace and take their time about it. If whilst they are on their way to complete that task you start building a 50 square long wall, then add wiring and pipes to another building, ask them to install 30 toilets, they will lag horribly.

You can also hire more workers if you have the money and budget to do so. It is easy to sack them after completion of a project (although their kids will cry...and besides, they work 24/7 with no breaks), so sacking them is a bit harsh, but...MEH!

Give them a small list of tasks, be patient. When they are almost finished the first task, assign them another. And save and exit and re-load if it is too bad, it did improve my frame rate.

Of course, you have noticed the "fast forward" button under the clock, right?

Steve
Steve

Member of the Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

http://www.ww1aero.org.au/

Return to “General”