Fix current bugs instead of adding features

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Loque
level0

Fix current bugs instead of adding features

Postby Loque » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:26 am

This is the list of the bugs I encountered in Alpha 10 (i'll update the list for each new bug i see):

• continuous intake cannot be disabled anymore (initial option don't work, the prisoners tab don't show open/close anymore)
  • guards do not react properly when a prisoner try to eascape and will not catch him
  • often workers don't do orders because they "have no route" when the route is free
  • especially for big prisons, often the staff stops at the door without let it close
  • laundry often does not work, prisoners stay at the middle of it and do nothing
  • execution room is not operative yet
  • workshop has an issue, when a prisoner is working on a machine, the animation is done in the machine behind the workers instead of the one in front of him
  • ironing board show that occupy 3 block of the floow but you can position it each 1 block
  • dead bodies can only be removed from the save file

I know it's the alpha but some bugs really make this game unplayable.
Instead of adding features solve these bugs.
So about the price i'm really disappointed, i have a no quality product for a really expensive price. This game is not worth 5$
lighting957
level1
level1

Postby lighting957 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:35 am

How is the execution room a bug if it's not in the game yet?
Aqpw
level0

Postby Aqpw » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:39 am

lighting957 wrote:How is the execution room a bug if it's not in the game yet?

This sick fuck just wants to create a death camp.
Loque
level0

Postby Loque » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:05 am

Don't be kid, of course i wrote bugs and not completed features.
@Aqpw what title do you have to offend me or other people? Please grow before write bullshit on the forums. :wink:
I do not want to do a camp site or a lager, I want to build a Texas style prison. You kid.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:20 pm

(i'll update the list for each new bug i see)

Please don't.
As the stickied post at the top of this forum says, this is not the bug tracker. The bug tracker is located at http://bugs.introversion.co.uk
Please search the bug tracker for your bugs and create reports for those that have not already been reported. That way they can be tracked, commented on, fixed and closed.

This game is not worth 5$

Don't be an idiot.
Loque
level0

Postby Loque » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:56 pm

paktsardines wrote:Don't be an idiot.
Please respect what a person say.
Think on it: the game is an Alpha, it is full of bug, it is maybe playable, there are full features that are not working... whit game is worth 30$ in your opinion? Compare it with other stable games.

I'm not saying that this game is ugly or that the coders are not good coders. I really see the potential of this game and the professionality of the coders, but the price is expensive in my opinion. Coders of course can ignore this because the sales are good and I'm happy of that. I'm only disappointed that I purchased a game not really playable yet.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:05 pm

Loque wrote:
paktsardines wrote:Don't be an idiot.
Please respect what a person say.

Respect is earned, not given by default.

Loque wrote:Think on it: the game is an Alpha, it is full of bug, it is maybe playable, there are full features that are not working...

Which is what an alpha is; a game currently undergoing development, likely to have many bugs as bug fixing comes during beta.

Loque wrote:whit game is worth 30$ in your opinion? Compare it with other stable games.

But it's currently not a stable game, so comparing it with one is doing a disservice to the game.

Loque wrote:I'm only disappointed that I purchased a game not really playable yet.

Maybe you should have looked up what an alpha was before you bought it.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:33 pm

I really see the potential of this game and the professionality of the coders, but the price is expensive in my opinion

Good, I'm glad you see it's potential because that is what you paid for. You didn't pay for an unfinished game, you paid for a finished game. Rest assured it will be finished, and it will be an absolute bargain at $30.

I paid $100 for it, and I got a bargain. I've already gotten more hours of enjoyment out of this game than any other I've played in years, and it's still being developed. I'll stand by what I said - to say the game is not worth $5 in it's current state is simply idiotic.
Gazeruth
level0

Postby Gazeruth » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:55 pm

At the risk of pandering to someone who doesn't want to hear it, I'll take a shot at some of these..
continuous intake cannot be disabled anymore (initial option don't work, the prisoners tab don't show open/close anymore)

Are you sure that you've checked the option on startup to disable it, because the last few prisons I've made once I disable the continuous intake, I can see Open/Closed and toggle them as I wish

guards do not react properly when a prisoner try to eascape and will not catch him

There is certainly a way to plan your prison to prevent this, have you ensure that the whole prison is secured - I build an entire perimeter fence to start off, so that I don't get any prisoners trying to escape straight away, I'm sure they will over time, but if they can see an unprotected (by a Staff or Jail door) exit to freedom, they will try and take it!

often workers don't do orders because they "have no route" when the route is free

What sort of orders are you trying.. I've noticed a few times that you can't build a wall on the square directly adjacent to a fence for example, the job will say there is no route (I think), but usually the workers are pretty good.

especially for big prisons, often the staff stops at the door without let it close

Can you explain what you mean by this? Do they wait at the door while it's open, then it closes and they wait there until a guard opens it for them again?

laundry often does not work, prisoners stay at the middle of it and do nothing

I can't argue too much with this, Laundry isn't great, but try unassigning a few prisoners and see if that helps.. otherwise there are a few other posts on this forum that will have some tips to getting a Laundry to work better. Either way, I think it's something the devs are looking at for the next Alpha, so we'll just have to be patient!

execution room is not operative yet

Again, it's an alpha - it'll come in time, just give the devs a chance!

workshop has an issue, when a prisoner is working on a machine, the animation is done in the machine behind the workers instead of the one in front of him

Are you sure that's the correct case? I think the prisoners stand in front of the machine they're working on.. can you post a screenshot?

ironing board show that occupy 3 block of the floow but you can position it each 1 block

Haven't tried this so can't really comment, but if you pop it in the Mantis instance, I'm sure the devs will track it (unless they plan to change ironing boards altogether)

dead bodies can only be removed from the save file

I'm sure I read in some Alpha 11 notes that this will be changing in Alpha 11, I think I read there's a morgue van or something similar, so that's something that you'll be able to check when it's released.

I understand you're probably frustrated, but the game is in an Alpha phase.. when the Dev's can fix bugs, and it's worth them doing, they will, but they're trying to get new features implemented, as it seems a lot of people want to see new features. If they haven't fixed a bug, it may be the case that they intend to remove an item in a later Alpha (for example, if they don't fix bugs on the Ironing Board, they may be intending to remove it in Alpha 12).

I'm currently loving playing this game, easiest $30 I ever spent, and it can be frustrating when something doesn't work, but feel privileged that you get to have some input onto how this game is shaped. It's fun as the game is looking great anyway, you can check for bugs and help the devs make it the best game they can, and you get a chance to vote on features that you'd like to see.

Embrace the Alpha!
shovat
level2
level2

Re: Fix current bugs instead of adding features

Postby shovat » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:18 pm

Loque wrote:Instead of adding features solve these bugs.
So about the price i'm really disappointed, i have a no quality product for a really expensive price. This game is not worth 5$

First point, people covered it already but the game is in Alpha. What this means is the game features are the focus of development bugs will not be fixed unless they are an easy fix (the border problem which was fixed as an example) or completly break the game and must be fixed for proper testing to take place (those probably don't reach release).

Second point: $30 is not really expensive, it is the price range for the non-DLC centric 'simple' games that don't follow the customer abusive FTP PTW price structure which is the realm of the free to $5 price-range, as well as buggy half baked releases which will never be fixed because the programmers need to make something new to pay the rent or else. Unless it's a AAA developer then it is $60.

Anyways I understand your frustration, but you bought in to an Alpha which makes you a tester. Essentially you bought yourself a job, I'm sorry you didn't know what that means when you bought it chalk it up to a learning experience.

Return to “General”