Prisoners every minute, are attacking?What?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

thekillergreece
level4
level4

Prisoners every minute, are attacking?What?

Postby thekillergreece » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:38 am

Well..I got a lot guards, aroudn 18 of them..10 of them guarding some buildings and rest 8 chilling around the prison.A bus came with 8 prisoners, good and put them on their cells!So I got total 27 prisoners.Next bus was 16 prisoners..I was sooo "Whaaaat?Imma not gonna survive like that!" so never mind, I was trying to take care those 27 prisoners, but...When any activity such Eat,shower,work or anything else, they all started fighting each other,prisoners and guards..

Guards eventually success injuring several prisoners, doctors heal them, they attack again...I ordered guards to put prisoners to cells, blocked some cells so some prisoners wont get out and let some prisoners free but they started attacking guards...What the? If doctor keeps healing, more attacking duration...

Called Riot squads(I shouldnt call it..) And guards,prisoners and riot squads bugged.They treat and ready to attack but do not attack.No one is attacking...

The question is: How can I stop those fights?They were fighting every minute!When it ends, it starts a new fight again!Driving me crazy...I thought Guards were programmed to stop fights but they actually dont...

So..How can I stop those repeated every minute fights?
yussur
level0

Postby yussur » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:44 am

You should close acceptance of new prisoners when you think you have a good number to work with via the Prisoner Names list. Close off all acceptance of Minimum, Normal, and High security prisoners. Also, try separating the different levels of security threats into their own section with their own facilities (canteen for minimum and gen pop, canteen for high security... etc). I actually didn't know you could stop the inflow of prisoners and hit 100 by day 9. That prison came to a spectacular, fiery end after a 60 prisoner riot. I didn't call the firemen. Just watched them burn...
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:57 am

yussur wrote:You should close acceptance of new prisoners when you think you have a good number to work with via the Prisoner Names list. Close off all acceptance of Minimum, Normal, and High security prisoners. Also, try separating the different levels of security threats into their own section with their own facilities (canteen for minimum and gen pop, canteen for high security... etc). I actually didn't know you could stop the inflow of prisoners and hit 100 by day 9. That prison came to a spectacular, fiery end after a 60 prisoner riot. I didn't call the firemen. Just watched them burn...

Thanks for your answering but is there any way to stop those every-minute-fights?
yussur
level0

Postby yussur » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:01 pm

You have to make sure their needs are met. Once you get the psychiatrist (?), you can see prison-wide what the problems are. Or, if you know who is fighting, mouse over him and try to see what needs of his aren't being met (do this for all prisoners). Basically, in this build, you can't really treat them like prisoners.
yussur
level0

Postby yussur » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:09 pm

Try giving them a whole day of free time with meals so that they can get things done on their own schedule. You may have to redesign your prison if you haven't started over already. There are topics all over this forum on how to design a more efficient prison.
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:14 pm

Sounds like you need to learn the absolute basics OP before trying to take in prisoners.

There's some pretty decent guides on the steam page or I would suggest you search for some tutorials on youtube :)
Great Magical Hat
level3
level3

Postby Great Magical Hat » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:18 pm

I think there might not be anything that prevents these prisoners from escaping and as they are opportunists, they all try. I can't say for sure without a save game, though.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:47 pm

Ric666 wrote:Sounds like you need to learn the absolute basics OP before trying to take in prisoners.

There's some pretty decent guides on the steam page or I would suggest you search for some tutorials on youtube :)

+1, I completely agree with you..I guess I should start watching some tutorials on youtube before building my own prison and assigning guards and such...I am totally noob/newbie to this game :S, I hope some features will be added into game, some bug,perfomance issues and riot squad fixes.
shovat
level2
level2

Postby shovat » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:46 pm

thekillergreece wrote:
Ric666 wrote:Sounds like you need to learn the absolute basics OP before trying to take in prisoners.

+1, I completely agree with you..I guess I should start watching some tutorials on youtube before building my own prison and assigning guards and such...I am totally noob/newbie to this game :S, I hope some features will be added into game, some bug,perfomance issues and riot squad fixes.

Or you could learn to love handling riots while you figure out what to do instead of looking at tutorials like I did. The game at the moment has some essentials. Laundry, telephones, food, space in showers and sleep. Once you get proportions down on what is needed and why prisoners fighting will be an exceptional rarity.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:56 pm

shovat wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:

Or you could learn to love handling riots while you figure out what to do instead of looking at tutorials like I did. The game at the moment has some essentials. Laundry, telephones, food, space in showers and sleep. Once you get proportions down on what is needed and why prisoners fighting will be an exceptional rarity.

I DO love handling riots but the unprogrammed and bugged riot squads and such, destroys my happiness to the game..But despite of that, I will continue playing it happy.When riot starts, I always fail at it, because it keeps repeated..Lost 3 officers, all officers and prisoners bugged..

So I had to remake map into better looking,better place for prisoners and better security to most buildings.I will mostly accept min and medium prisoners..

Return to “General”