Is the audible alarm a Bang-up Alarm?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Check Six
level2
level2

Is the audible alarm a Bang-up Alarm?

Postby Check Six » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:20 am

I had a serious power overload and needed to completely build my utilities (power and water). Whilst I was asking the workers to complete various tasks, I clicked on Bureaucracy to see how my research was progressing and what I needed to do next. If you're not careful and click the extreme right hand side of the "close" box, you can accidentally put the prison in either lockdown or bang-up. The "close" button is over the Lockdown and Bang-up buttons. I don't know if I'm clicking on it for too long so that it registers each button in turn or what. It happened to me a few times, and I quickly reset it (there is no problem as I don't have any prisoners yet).

After I had been working in the utilities screen for some time, I clicked out of there to visit my prison again to find an audible alarm going off (loudly I might add).

The problem is I can't silence or mute the alarm. I click on bang-up and Lockdown to no avail.

Can anyone tell me how to silence this alarm (yes, I know I could turn the volume down, but that is at best a Band-Aid solution and doesn't rectify the problem).

Steve
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:51 am

Save the game and then reload it.
Check Six
level2
level2

Postby Check Six » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:42 pm

Thank you, sir. I HOPE you have saved my sanity (there wasn't much hope for that really) but I was going NUTS with that siren. I work as a security guard in a control room, and all manner of alarms go off at all hours of the night, and I am pretty good at being able to concentrate whilst hell is breaking loose around me, but that was DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!

I am at work now, that's why I said I HOPE you have saved my sanity. When I saved it this morning, I guess that solved the problem. I'll know next time.

PS...Was it a Bang-Up alarm? I have since then set Bang-Up mode...no alarm. Is it when you have set it for too long??? I'm guessing all the shanking and stabbing and murdering and rioting would have given a clue that it had been too long.

Steve
Steve

Member of the Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

http://www.ww1aero.org.au/

Return to “General”