Prisoners not going into cells/guards not moving them

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

ninjanomnom
level0

Postby ninjanomnom » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:58 am

Apologies if there's already a topic for this, but it didn't come up in a search.

Currently all my prisoners are in the holding cell as if there aren't any open cells. I have 50 cells open and there's 39 prisoners. They used to be in there until a recent riot in the cafeteria.

I've got plenty guards that aren't assigned to anything and I tried both restarting the game and resetting the room designations. All the cells are valid and aren't coming up with any errors. The doors aren't broken and every other room works perfectly fine. They just act like there isn't any open cells.
Joa7000
level0

Postby Joa7000 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:55 am

Could you provide us with your save-file?

Maybe something you did during the riot prevents the prisoners from going back to their cells (locking doors, setting areas to staff only etc.).

Have you tried to manually assign a prisoner to a cell by right-clicking on an empty cell with the prisoner selected?
FourWinds
level1
level1

Postby FourWinds » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:10 pm

This happend to me once and it turned out that I had built my cells but neglected to define them as cells as a room type.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:36 pm

A screenshot will help us sort you out.
hawk14
level0

Postby hawk14 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:13 pm

I have exactly the same problem here...

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? :)

EDIT:
Ah I just found out by myself. I changed the cell-block to min-security (as I thought high-sec is only for very dangerous ones :P). As I changed it back now, they get reassigned to their cells
didacticus
level0

Postby didacticus » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:15 am

I found this same problem but can't resolve it. I have a mix of low risk and medium risk prisoners - low risk prisoners go to their cells if they're zoned as Minimum Security, and the Medium Risk go to the holding cell. If I zone the cell block as Maximum Security the medium risk prisoners go to the cells and the low risk get moved to the holding cell, even if the holding cell is also zoned as high risk.

The only short term solution I have is removing my holding cell and only making individual cells - very annoying. *edit* Also, once I remove my holding cells I have to assign each prisoner to a cell manually.
howie2000slc
level0

Postby howie2000slc » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:25 am

I had the same issue last night, i planned out a Huge prison, turned the first lot of prisoners off then went building.. once i was finished i had created 2 x 16 jail cell cell blocks then put a jail door at the entry to each block, (i would include a pic if i was at home.. currently at work) when i was done i turned on the prisoner intake, shut the gate to the 2nd cell block and waited for them to arrive, when they did the guards moved the first 4 prisoners into Jail cells in the first cell block then did nothing, it took me a while to figure out the reason they would not move the second set of 4 was because of the shut gate to the 2nd cell block. it seems that the game wants to completely randomise the jail cell allocation when moving prisoners.. in my case it decided that it wanted to move the last 4 prisoners to the 2nd cell block, since the path was blocked it just stopped, it seems there is no way to assign a cell to a prisoner that i could find. not sure if that's your issue but i caught me out.
hawk14
level0

Postby hawk14 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:46 am

in my Jail I designatet my cell-blocks as follows:

min-sec Prisoners = min sec cell (green)
medium-sec Prisoners = general population (white)
max-sec Prisoners = max sec cell (red)

Then it worked quite well for me. If you get new prisoners and every cell in their cell block is occupied they will be assigned to a cell in the general population cell block.
OnlyAstro
level0

Re: Prisoners not going into cells/guards not moving them

Postby OnlyAstro » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:27 am

same problem happening to me, ive tried everything but they just stay in the holding cell even though there is cells available, also they don't sleep even though beds are there, i think it might be a problem with my save file.

Return to “General”