actual purpose of riot guards unlocked through bureaucracy?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

god_chris
level1
level1

actual purpose of riot guards unlocked through bureaucracy?

Postby god_chris » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:38 pm

title says it all really, what is the purpose of the riot guards that the chief of security can research, as now that we have the ability to call in the riot police if there is a prison riot? I know that they still have [serves no purpose yet] in their description, but what else would they be able to do that the ones we already have can't do?
"is this the krusty crab" "NO THIS IS PATRICK"
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:54 pm

Nothing as yet afaik. Will probably just be a requirement in the future to call them in.

I'm assuming Chris wanted to get them straight in the game for us to try so didn't lock them just at all yet.
shovat
level2
level2

Re: actual purpose of riot guards unlocked through bureaucra

Postby shovat » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:55 pm

god_chris wrote:title says it all really, what is the purpose of the riot guards that the chief of security can research, as now that we have the ability to call in the riot police if there is a prison riot? I know that they still have [serves no purpose yet] in their description, but what else would they be able to do that the ones we already have can't do?

the riot guards you can call in are a disposable resource and the riot guards you hire are permanent would be my assumption.
namj13
level2
level2

Postby namj13 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:29 pm

god_chris wrote:title says it all really, what is the purpose of the riot guards that the chief of security can research, as now that we have the ability to call in the riot police if there is a prison riot? I know that they still have [serves no purpose yet] in their description, but what else would they be able to do that the ones we already have can't do?

Riots were released in alpha 10
see this video for more info:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... AvyvTYhB-E
--Namj13
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:25 pm

shovat wrote:the riot guards you can call in are a disposable resource and the riot guards you hire are permanent would be my assumption.

There won't be any Riot Guards that you can permanently hire, Chris once stated (in the video of the eurogamer 2012 I think it was) that Riot Guards are intended as a callout unit ONLY. My guess is the entire bureaucracy system will get a revamp at some point, which is why Chris didn't even bother removing the Riot Guards or the Lawyer from it.

namj13 wrote:Riots were released in alpha 10

The OP is aware of that and that wasn't his question, read before you post next time ;)
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.
~Garfield
TechApp
level0

Postby TechApp » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:33 pm

There is no purpose. It even says so before you buy it. Don't waste your time on it before it is ready. Just call in riot guards for the time being.
snarst
level2
level2

Postby snarst » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:47 am

I assume in the future you will need to unlock riot police.

I hope I'm wrong and it is really a riot guard that hangs around until some kind of trouble breaks out but has less endurance than riot police since they have no shields. Which would make more sense since the police would rather put down a riot than let a prison go to hell and have to start looking for escaped convicts.

Return to “General”