Suggestion: Credits / Bank

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Mudder
level1
level1

Suggestion: Credits / Bank

Postby Mudder » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:57 pm

Thanks to the workshops, there is now good revenue per day. But if you need money quickly for an expansion or a repair, you have to wait long for midnight.
At the moment you can easily edit the savegame, but it would be nice if there was an in-game feature: the Bank.
Here you can borrow money against daily interest, which will be deducted at the daily balance sheet as a fixed cost.
mamouthe
level1
level1

Re: Suggestion: Credits / Bank

Postby mamouthe » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:27 pm

Je trouve que c'est une très bonne idée !
LurkyUK
level0

Postby LurkyUK » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:37 pm

Just about to post this suggestion myself. My situation is a little different but I still need money quickly as well. I know it's probably down to my bad planning but I'm stuck in a loop of prisoners rioting all day then once I get paid at midnight all my money goes on repairing the damage they have caused. There just doesn't seem to be a way to get the cash to make a few improvements to keep them happy and calm everything down.
Maybe as well as loans you can agree to hold dangerous prisoners from another prison in solitary for a bit of extra cash? Or perform executions for another prison for a fee.
god_chris
level1
level1

Postby god_chris » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:02 pm

LurkyUK wrote:perform executions for another prison for a fee.

This seems like a good idea in particular, paraphrasing slightly, but even in the campaign, the CEO does say that 'we have contracted to do a job" this could possibly lead to a new 'death row' class of prisoner, where they live on the prison for a set amount of days before then being executed, afterwards the prison recieving the money as compensation for food and other expenses, as well as the payment for the execution
"is this the krusty crab" "NO THIS IS PATRICK"
Augwich
level1
level1

Postby Augwich » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:38 pm

There's a mod out there that gives you access to a whole loan system...but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere. Perhaps someone else will have better luck.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:31 am

That sounds like my cue...

I think you're after the Global Financial Crisis Mod. I post the latest news about updates to the mod in the developer forum here:
http://forums.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/viewtopic.php?t=1155

Or, you can download it directly here:
http://www.whimit.com.au/prison_architect_gfc.html

Or, read the release notes and changelog here:
http://www.whimit.com.au/main.cgi?page=prison_architect_gfc_info

edit: I should probably post this info as its own topic in General one day....

Return to “General”