100%
No?
No votes

Total votes: 13
dom.stb
level0

[Poll] [Suggestion] Deployment Hours

Postby dom.stb » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:39 pm

To go along with the idea of different regimes for different prisoner types, I think we also need a way to edit the hours at which a deployment icon becomes active.

e.g. you deploy a guard in the canteen, but only during lunch "eat" hours, same for yard, shower, workshop etc. I'd also like the ability to have a few of them at the front of the prison ready for prisoner intake.

I always feel like I am wasting my guards when I use deployment at the moment. What do you think?
Parker22
level2
level2

Postby Parker22 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:51 pm

I know what you mean. I have two guards stations in each cell block.

When dinner time hits, it would be a good idea for one of the guards to head down and babysit the goons.

Can't do that at the moment. I guess the trick will be how to implement it without making it too tricky.

You could have another deployment type- active duty or something, only when prisoners are present.
So canteen would be active duty during meal times.

This would be a fine tuning/efficiency drive. It might look cool seeing your guards change from patrolling duty, to canteen duty, to off duty.
asmo0
level2
level2

Postby asmo0 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:26 pm

Since Chris wants you to be able to design something that requires no intervention I'm guessing this is in the works already.

It was a little bit tedious in alpha 9 to, every morning, assign every single guard to the shower(s), and then after showertime distribute them around in a normal fashion. Forget a single day, and massacre ensued...
Now in a10 I almost don't need to do this, the bastards are so docile at the moment that it doesn't seem to be needed.
Augwich
level1
level1

Postby Augwich » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:35 pm

asmo0 wrote:It was a little bit tedious in alpha 9 to, every morning, assign every single guard to the shower(s), and then after showertime distribute them around in a normal fashion. Forget a single day, and massacre ensued...

Ahaha oh yes, things certainly got interesting when I forgot to re-deploy at the start of the day.

...sob...poor janitors... :cry:

Return to “General”