Idea for the REGIME! What do you think?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

What do you guys think?

Good Idea!
9
47%
Not so good Idea...
10
53%
 
Total votes: 19
AGutierrez
level0
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 6:29 pm
Location: Lisbon
Contact:

Idea for the REGIME! What do you think?

Postby AGutierrez » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:15 am

Hi,

I think this could be something that can work. We should be able to add mixed time use to the regime table, for example: Shower/free time or Eat/free time and so on.
Cause when they go to eat, one hour is not enough (with 30+ prisoners) and 2 hours is a bit too much and the prisoners just roam around and then get into fights... The same happens with shower...
So if we could mix 2 regime items in the same hour, the prisoners could do what they need more.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!
User avatar
Augwich
level1
level1
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 4:54 pm
Location: Planet Earth

Postby Augwich » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:26 am

To me, if you just broke down the regime into 30min increments (or maybe 20 or 15 if you really feel it's necessary), that would solve the issues. I too would like to be a little more specific than in 1 hour blocks (1 hour sometimes isn't enough for all my prisoners to eat, but at 2 hours they just spend a lot of time milling around), but I think that mixed times could make things needlessly confusing and a lot harder to manage.
User avatar
Juggernauter
level1
level1
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:22 pm

Postby Juggernauter » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:29 am

Yeah, too confusing to work. But the 30min idea has been on my mind as well, 1h doesen't allow for much finesse.
Great Magical Hat
level3
level3
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:57 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Idea for the REGIME! What do you think?

Postby Great Magical Hat » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:34 am

AGutierrez wrote:Cause when they go to eat, one hour is not enough (with 30+ prisoners) and 2 hours is a bit too much and the prisoners just roam around and then get into fights... The same happens with shower...


For now, you can place things to do in the canteen, so they will work on other needs once they're done eating and you can change your shower time into free time and they will shower in free time instead. (If you really want shower time, you're best off doing it at a point when their needs are low, like just before going to bed, so they won't get into fights. It's not very efficient, but it allowed me to run a stable prison in alpha 9.)
Bamwich
level1
level1
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:45 am
Location: Melbourne

Postby Bamwich » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:49 am

I put toilets in my showers: Hygiene and Bowels/Bladder
Phones and TVs go in my canteen: Hunger, family, recreation, comfort
Phones, benches, weighlifting equip in the yard, etc., etc.
Hoxie
level0
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:12 am

Postby Hoxie » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:06 am

I just keep a phone, a toilet and a shower in the place where they eat (the name of which escapes me atm), and a phone, weight lifting equipment, tv, chair, and a shower in their cells (mine are 3x6 squares).

I just split their time up between free time, eating, sleep, and work. I only have 16 max security prisoners in this particular prison right now, but they haven't caused any problems.
User avatar
Augwich
level1
level1
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 4:54 pm
Location: Planet Earth

Postby Augwich » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:38 pm

Yeah, there are certainly ways around it right now. I just like to keep things more organized/realistic 'cause I'm weird that way (sometimes sacrificing efficiency for aesthetics).
Great Magical Hat
level3
level3
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:57 pm
Location: Netherlands

Postby Great Magical Hat » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:44 pm

Augwich wrote:Yeah, there are certainly ways around it right now. I just like to keep things more organized/realistic 'cause I'm weird that way (sometimes sacrificing efficiency for aesthetics).


I really think phones in the canteen are realistic enough. I haven't ever been to prison to check it, though.
LurkyUK
level0
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:30 pm

Postby LurkyUK » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:47 pm

I think more detailed time slots would be a bonus, but as AGutierrez pointed out it's the prisoners getting into fights when they have nothing to do that is causing this to be a bigger issue for me. Why can't they just sit at the table or stand around in the locker room and talk until they are told they can leave? I've never been in prison but I'm sure people can entertain themselves for 30 minutes without causing fights
User avatar
Augwich
level1
level1
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 4:54 pm
Location: Planet Earth

Postby Augwich » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:39 pm

Great Magical Hat wrote:
Augwich wrote:Yeah, there are certainly ways around it right now. I just like to keep things more organized/realistic 'cause I'm weird that way (sometimes sacrificing efficiency for aesthetics).


I really think phones in the canteen are realistic enough. I haven't ever been to prison to check it, though.


Oh I have phone booths everywhere. But I haven't been putting showers in the Canteen for example... maybe it's not too weird. I dunno, just strikes me as out of place :P
User avatar
Augwich
level1
level1
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 4:54 pm
Location: Planet Earth

Postby Augwich » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:42 pm

LurkyUK wrote:I think more detailed time slots would be a bonus, but as AGutierrez pointed out it's the prisoners getting into fights when they have nothing to do that is causing this to be a bigger issue for me. Why can't they just sit at the table or stand around in the locker room and talk until they are told they can leave? I've never been in prison but I'm sure people can entertain themselves for 30 minutes without causing fights


I honestly haven't been to prison but I would suspect that it's entirely dependent on the person - those higher risk people who are in there for life or whatever - what have they got to lose? Also, the reason they're usually complaining/fighting is because they're angry that their needs aren't being met. So I think it kinda makes sense really (what doesn't make sense to me is that, if they're complaining that their needs aren't being met, why aren't they just complaining all the time?)
t_taufer
level0
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:53 am

Postby t_taufer » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:44 am

Juggernauter wrote:Yeah, too confusing to work. But the 30min idea has been on my mind as well, 1h doesen't allow for much finesse.


I think 30 minutes is definitely the way to go. It seems to allow a lot more flexibility with not to much more work (I would hope). As I've been playing the game, that seems like it would help a lot. (30 minutes for showers is more than enough)
minus
level0
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:16 am

Postby minus » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:21 am

About the eating, I have 48 prisoners and I have always had eating 1 hour and then 1 hour free-time right after it. Most of my prisoners have time to get food within the eat-hour but those lazy suckers who does not is able to get food in the free-time. The cooks are priotizing cleaning the tables to the food is still on the servingtable. So far I have never seen the cooks take food away. Might be a problem when you have even more prisioners. But then I guess adding another serving table would solve the problem. Also place workstations in different places so the inmates comes from different canteen-doors or even slightly delayed of eachother

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests