Kitchen Storage

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

RiotGuard9
level0

Kitchen Storage

Postby RiotGuard9 » Sun May 26, 2013 8:23 am

I think they should add kitchen storage in the game cuz when the cooks must run over to the big storage all the time then they wont hav time to cook the prisoners come in to the canteen there is no food and no food=riots

This is most focused on new,small prisons when you only have like 2 chefs
Joe Reddit
level1
level1

Postby Joe Reddit » Sun May 26, 2013 2:17 pm

Agree. But it should be called something different.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Sun May 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Walk-in freezer.
shovat
level2
level2

Postby shovat » Tue May 28, 2013 10:21 pm

Joe Reddit wrote:Agree. But it should be called something different.

How about kitchen storage.
Serph Bravin
level1
level1

Postby Serph Bravin » Wed May 29, 2013 4:39 am

How about having the cooks collect food from Storage and put it in their fridges at the start of the day, instead of right before they have to cook?
Furohman
level1
level1

Postby Furohman » Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 am

I usually just stick the delivery area close the kitchen/kitchen close to the delivery. But I do agree that food should be moved to the freezers quite some time before the meals are made, like a certain number of hours.
DHKold
level1
level1

Postby DHKold » Thu May 30, 2013 8:36 am

Or, being able to define what can be stored in each storage room would be even better. Like in many game:

- Accept resource A : Allow to store this kind of resource there, but does not go take it in other storages
- Refuse resource A : Do not allow to store it, but if they already is some in the room, let it there
- Collect resource A : Allow to store this resource, and try to put the available ones here
- Empty resource A : Refuse + empty resources already in the room
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:47 am

DHKold wrote:Or, being able to define what can be stored in each storage room would be even better. Like in many game:

- Accept resource A : Allow to store this kind of resource there, but does not go take it in other storages
- Refuse resource A : Do not allow to store it, but if they already is some in the room, let it there
- Collect resource A : Allow to store this resource, and try to put the available ones here

I need this so much! I feel my prison designs are restricted most of the time as I like efficient placement of rooms.
The main rooms(kitchen/storage/canteen) usually end up in the same position every prison. Which I don't like!

Variety being the spice of life & all that :)
Moerker
level0

Postby Moerker » Thu May 30, 2013 1:08 pm

DHKold wrote:

THIS! (or something like it.) Plus maybe eben decide what kind of job your workmen should do, or which part of the prison is their place to work.
Add it in Deployment and let us assign the workmen job like "Repairing only" "building foundations" "utilitys" "furniture" etc..

Return to “General”